• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trading Troubles

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mahon said:
Heather,

Yes, I agree, a measly $.50 would avoid trouble... now I know for next time (which will NEVER be!)... :)

...but please explain to me what you mean by this:

I don't understand... why are you looking forward to this? I am out 2 nice plants, and am giving back what he gave me. I lose YET again. Please explain what you mean by this, I am confused...

-Pat

Well, Patrick...

Alfonso, as with Tadd, has been awaiting his plants from you for many moons now. You killed all the violascens you promised people (weren't these the same you promised Tadd?) and, You continue to promise lots of things. Tadd finally received plants, but not what he bargained for, and what happened to the javanicums?

Now you are sending back the plants that were sent to you for lack of the promised plants? And as a Paph grower and "vendor" you did not know of delivery confirmation???? PLEASE.

I look forward to seeing these promises of yours being fulfilled.

You are on extremely thin ice, Mahon.

Heather, let me go through this craziness...

Heather said:
Alfonso, as with Tadd, has been awaiting his plants from you for many moons now.

I took care of Tadd with $14 in the mail. For some reason, I feel if it was trackable (such as money orders that I usually do), then I think it would turn out MUCH differently, as I could have cancelled that money order, and I would send the money again...

As for Alfonso, I shipped his plants out Nov 13th. End of story.

And as for Paph. violascens, all but my specimen is dying. That is conditional. If you pay me for my Gramm. speciosum, and it spontaneously combusted, then I obviously cannot offer it to you. I will refund your money back, and send you an orchid as a gift, or see if you want to make a deal.

Heather said:
You killed all the violascens you promised people (weren't these the same you promised Tadd?) and, You continue to promise lots of things.

I have offered Paph. violascens to 2 people. I have promised it to only one person. With Tadd, I had to switch to another species, but I did not make a promise.

And to be correct, they are still alive, they are in terrible shape from something. I am still working on a solution, and they are slowly recovering. My specimen was not affected, only my little divisions were. I am not willing to divide my specimen anymore. I have a feeling that dividing such small pieces is not good for the divisions.

Heather said:
Tadd finally received plants, but not what he bargained for, and what happened to the javanicums?

You are correct, sort of. Tadd bargained for $14, in which I sent through the mail (what a mistake). I don't know if he got it or not, and personally, I find it irrelevant. I hope that the plants I sent to Tadd made up for the trouble. And that is for Tadd to tell me if that's not what he bargained for.

And what do you mean "what happened with the P. javanicum"? What's wrong with them? They seem to grow alright, and when my flowered, they looked great (though I find the species unattractive)!

Heather said:
Now you are sending back the plants that were sent to you for lack of the promised plants? And as a Paph grower and "vendor" you did not know of delivery confirmation???? PLEASE.

I made the initial trade of a Paph. violascens and a Paph. javanicum to Alfonso. The Paph. violascens were dying, and I (unlike someone's history with trades :poke:) do not send out sickly or troubled plants. I instead tried to make another offer. I was COMPLETELY willing to send his Paph. vietnamense back to him, as I do not need the seedlings.

Heather said:
I look forward to seeing these promises of yours being fulfilled.

Heather, not to be rude, but it seems as if you are getting into my problems. You find a single flaw in what I say, and it is over-exagerrated and carried out way to far. I can carry out your sickly seedling for years to come, but I do not. I have no problem with you, except when you cause trouble with me on the forum. I find it ridiculous. This is the internet. Confront me in person.

My promise that I would send Tadd those two plants were fullfilled. I even gave him a nice previously bloomed Paph. Ho Chi Minh.

I have made only a few trades. My first trade was with you, in which you caused trouble and got me kicked off SOF for. It seems as if trades haven't changed much from the pattern I got from my first trade. BTW, I have only made 3 trades. I give plants to whoever requests them. I had a contact for buying my Phrag. besseae... I will be sending it out as soon as I have time, at no cost. That's what friends are really about, even though I have no idea who this person is. It's also called understanding and friendliness, in which some people on this forum clearly lack (and they wonder why I react to their harrassment in anger?).

Heather said:
You are on extremely thin ice, Mahon.

You solicited for me to come here, and to my suprise, you have forgotten our initial conversations. I have been ridiculed at this forum, and worse, by you.

-PM

Change of mind

I have discussed the situation with my father, who was present when I delivered the package to the UPS store to be sent to Alfonso.

Heather, truly, this is none of your concern. It was a deal I made with Alfonso, and I shipped him his plants that we made an agreement for. End of story.

Alfonso, I shipped your plants. I have decided not to ship you the two Paph. vietnamense seedlings back to you, as I have already sent you what was in the deal. I met my requirements, sorry that the USPS lost it. I will visit the store to make sure the plant is not there.

When Dec. 1st comes around, I suggest you do whatever you feel nesecary. But let me give you some advice:

I am not the person you need to pursue. You need to pursue the United States Post Office in your city. When I dropped your package off at the UPS store, it is the USPS that is responsible for it, not me. I paid the postage, and THEY are responsible. Again, I will visit them this week to make sure that the package is not still there. I have nothing to do with the USPS shipping.

Also, let this be a warning:

If I have any problems from anyone's unsubstantianed allegations and threats from this forum and its members, I will avail myself of all legal remedies at my disposal. Note that I print out a copy of these threads so I can identify the person and what was said, so I will not make any mistake when I make accusations. Please be aware of this.

Also, maybe you all should research the word 'blackmail' thoroughly, as it may apply to you.

-P.A. Mahon

making threats isnt the best way to mend any relationships. as the ice gets thinner remenber there is only a handful of orchid sites and it would suck to be banned from all of them as you have been banned from 1/2 as we speak. think before you type please

Sure is amazing how unreliable the USPS is. It seems that when Mahon owed Heather money, the USPS lost that letter containing the payment. Then when he owed Tadd money, they lost that letter too. Then he says he sent the plants in trade, but again, that package was lost. Now this one was also lost...

nyorchids said:
making threats isnt the best way to mend any relationships. as the ice gets thinner remenber there is only a handful of orchid sites and it would suck to be banned from all of them as you have been banned from 1/2 as we speak. think before you type please

I am not making any threats. If anything, I have been threatened multiple times on this forum. I have also been harrassed, but it is not a big deal, unless something comes of it.

As for orchid forums, I have been banned from SOF on false accusations twice now. And it is correct: there is nothing constructive really coming from any of these forums. If the ice is getting thinner, it is for those who threaten to cause trouble.

And I thought VERY well before I typed. It is for anyone else to think before they type any more than they have...

-P.A. Mahon

lienluu said:
Sure is amazing how unreliable the USPS is. It seems that when Mahon owed Heather money, the USPS lost that letter containing the payment. Then when he owed Tadd money, they lost that letter too. Then he says he sent the plants in trade, but again, that package was lost. Now this one was also lost...

You are incorrect (and you said that you blocked me, but whatever).

I never sent Heather money for the seedling, as it was infected with severe fungus. It was trashed after she wouldn't take it back.

I did send $14 to Tadd via USPS, and it was lost.

As for Alfonso, the package could still be in the mail, it is season, and things get caught up. Get your facts straight Lien.

-P.A. Mahon

This is a vendor feedback thread. If someone bought things from you and were thoroughly unsatisfied with the results, they are entitled to post their opinions here. I am at odds to find out what you mean by "blackmail'? Certainly no one here seems to be blackmailing you. If Alfonso is unsatisfied, he has every right to post in this thread. When he is no longer unsatisfied, then he will update everyone else. There is no need to throw temper tantrums. If someone else has had a good experience trading/selling/buying to/from you, then they will post their experience here, too. Perhaps you can save your reputation by finding such people and convince them to post here.

Well, Mahon, are there any?

pat if these forums are not constructive in any way why are you here?? if i remember correctly you made a big post over at SOF saying you werent going to post anymore and the site was trash. but 3 days went by and you were posting again. also you were banned from SOF and you thought it was important enough to start a thread about it here. so for orchid sites not being constructive and worth anything you sure spend alot of time here

adiaphane said:
This is a vendor feedback thread. If someone bought things from you and were thoroughly unsatisfied with the results, they are entitled to post their opinions here. I am at odds to find out what you mean by "blackmail'? Certainly no one here seems to be blackmailing you. If Alfonso is unsatisfied, he has every right to post in this thread. When he is no longer unsatisfied, then he will update everyone else. There is no need to throw temper tantrums. If someone else has had a good experience trading/selling/buying to/from you, then they will post their experience here, too. Perhaps you can save your reputation by finding such people and convince them to post here.

Well, Mahon, are there any?

Tien,

Perhaps you should read the definition of 'blackmail', just to be safe...

Alfonso has every right to say he is disastisfied. He has the right to say that I owe him his plants back, even though I sent them to him. He also has the right to say I owe him 6 million dollars, but I still have no obligation in either to give him anything more than what I have already sent. And for clarification, this is a FOR SALE/FOR TRADE thread.

And I am not throwing a "temper tantrum"... I am merely solving the problem that doesn't exist.

And Tien, I do not sell or trade plants that often. I give plants away. I do not need those people who I gifted plants to, to come here and post their happiness and pleasure with me. It is irrelevant and not needed.

Here's the solution: END OF DISCUSSION

-P.A. Mahon

nyorchids said:
pat if these forums are not constructive in any way why are you here?? if i remember correctly you made a big post over at SOF saying you werent going to post anymore and the site was trash. but 3 days went by and you were posting again. also you were banned from SOF and you thought it was important enough to start a thread about it here. so for orchid sites not being constructive and worth anything you sure spend alot of time here

You took it out of context. It is not constructive when you have others rolling about in your buisness. Aquacorps made a big step to suggest an idea, and I take offense to it. Yet, nothing is being done about it.

As for SOF, I may have posted there 3 days after, I may have not. That is of no consequence. I have not contributed to that forum since then. I may have replied because I was accused of wrong doing, but in fact, it was the other person.

-PM

Why don't you just leave and save everyone the frustration of having to listen to your nonsense?

Seriously, first you call someone "ignorant" just like your best friend Lance Birk. Now you are screaming "End of Discussion" just like your best friend Guido. Do you have any originality? I don't think you do.

Hello everyone,

This is really beginning to get out of hand. I posted this thread because I had a problem receiving plants in a trade. This is not what I wanted to happen. I just want my two P. vietnamense back.

Please lets not post anything else, I will post something when I recieve my plants or come to a resolution with Patrick.

Alfonso

Cannonball said:
Why don't you just leave and save everyone the frustration of having to listen to your nonsense?

Seriously, first you call someone "ignorant" just like your best friend Lance Birk. Now you are screaming "End of Discussion" just like your best friend Guido. Do you have any originality? I don't think you do.

Your bothering me. Drop it. Email me if you have something real and civil to say.

-P.A. Mahon

I don't want to email you. That would give you the excuse to make up a lie about what I said to you.

Of course, by posting here, I open myself up to being sued by you for hurting your feelings.

I can't win.

Cannonball said:
I don't want to email you. That would give you the excuse to make up a lie about what I said to you.

Of course, by posting here, I open myself up to being sued by you for hurting your feelings.

I can't win.

I do not know who you are, but you are bothering me. Drop it.

-P.A. Mahon

Alfonso said:
Hello everyone,

This is really beginning to get out of hand. I posted this thread because I had a problem receiving plants in a trade. This is not what I wanted to happen. I just want my two P. vietnamense back.

Please lets not post anything else, I will post something when I recieve my plants or come to a resolution with Patrick.

Alfonso

I believe that sums it up, please place remaining fuel on another fire.

Jon

*warm feeling* And preparation for exmas with the biological family continues apace. Thank you all! I'm willing to give refuge to any homeless Paph. hirsutissimum. Bless you all :)

Hello,

My father contacted me today and told me that I have received the plants Patrick Mahon sent with the shipping date Patrick promised, I am spending the night at a friend's house and will not be able to look at them until tomorrow. I will post a picture tomorrow of what I received.

Alfonso

Latest posts

Back