• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trade Stuff (. . . but, sorry, no slippers)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

evil genius
Reaction score
Well, I wasn’t planning on messing about much with trading anything anytime soon, but I’ve been thinking increasingly often of getting rid of a couple things . . . and it’ll turn frosty here pretty soon.

These aren’t “must-go” items, but I thought I’d check to see if anybody was excited about them. I’ll be glad to consider trades or purchase. For trades, I’ll consider anything, but lately it’s been primarily slippers that I’ve been excited about.
------------------------------------------
The List:
(all previously bloomed)
Ilonara Orchidom Crisp Choice (Rodrumnia Choice Show x Gomesa crispa 'Bess' CCM/AOS)
Bl. Sarah Black (B. nodosa x L. lundii)
Laeliocatonia Lawless Gloriana (Lc. Gold Digger x Ctna. Why Not)
Phal. cornu-cervi
Phal. (Penang 'Pinkfilligree' x Green Mist 'Khong')
Sophrolaeliocattleya (Tangerine Jewel ‘Southern Cross’ x Lc. Rojo)

Keikis:
Cal. vestita var. fournerii
Catasetum Jumbo Eagle (sanguineum 'E.T.' x expansum 'Jumbo')

The List, with details and photos and stuff:

Ilonara Orchidom Crisp Choice (Rodrumnia Choice Show x Gomesa crispa 'Bess' CCM/AOS)
Strange hybrid. That’s why I got it. Not exactly spectacular. Mature, many growth plant. First blooming. As you can see in the background, it suffered a savage bunny attack.

Bl. Sarah Black (B. nodosa x L. lundii)
One view, and another. Cute thing, but I’m not terribly into it.

Bloom. Mini-Catts aren’t my thing, I guess. Bloomed it out, and now I’m ready to send it on to someone who’ll love it more.

Phal. cornu-cervi
Has an active spike right now; it’s been going for two or three years now (taking breaks over the winter). On the ‘botanical’ side of things, for a Phal at least. Losing one of its basal offshoots; I’m not sure why. Blooms.

Phal. (Penang 'Pinkfilligree' x Green Mist 'Khong')
Whole plant. The pot is just under 9" across. It’s got 15 leaves on it right now, three old spikes with active branching and budding (one old spike has 5 points of active growth), and I’m fairly certain that there are two new spikes just initiating. It’s a “green” background flower (looks more like white to me though) with more or less dense red spotting. Here’s a nice prior blooming, and the current blooms (not as nice).
As might be obvious, I’m somewhat reluctant to let this one go. But I just don’t like Phals that much, nice a plant as this is. So, I guess, this is the “big ticket item” on the list.

Again, I’m just not into mini-Catts. Mature plant, currently in sheath. Last blooming was a total of 10 blooms on two inflorescences, semi-successive, N.S. of 5.7cm. Shape isn’t great – not very flat – but the color is hard to fault.

Keiki:
Cal. vestita var. fournerii
I broke the top off one of the bulbs. Again. The broken off bit will put out new starts, if given humidity and sphag. Blooms. This is a very robust clone, at least twice the size of my other Cal. vestita.

Catasetum Jumbo Eagle (sanguineum 'E.T.' x expansum 'Jumbo'). A keiki with some nice roots.

I'll add a couple more things to the list tomorrow. There are a couple of Bulbos which I am reluctant to part with, but which would be ever so much happier in a greenhouse environment.

Like the others, a strong preference for trades.

I've already received a couple of inquiries about the Bulbos. Waiting to hear back on one of them. So it might be best to just consider them taken.

Here they are:
Bulb. blepharistes Previously bloomed, two points of active growth.
Bulb. careyanum Side view Haven't bloomed it, can't guarantee ID. Smaller-growing than the other plant I have which is also supposed to be B. careyanum (also haven't bloomed that one).
These are both healthy plants (although the former is being sprayed right now - I think the scale on it are all dead, but I'd like to be sure), but would both be happier in wetter conditions than I can give them, greenhouseless as I am.

I decided to also add:
Pholidota articulata
A plant that stacks bulbs upon bulbs. It looked a mess potted, so I mounted it, but I can't keep it wet enough mounted, and it's declined a bit (it naturally looks kinda ratty). So, again, I'm trying to find it a home in a nice greenhouse somewhere.

Still remaining:

Bulb. careyanum
Pholidota articulata

Latest posts

Back