Toykoy Dome Orchid Show Trophy Award Winners!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

neo-guy

Here is my set of pictures of the Award Trophy winners from the Japan Grand Prix at the Tokyo Dome.

3288904137_0888bbf632.jpg

The Grand Champion Display:

3288892757_225b829bec_b.jpg

And the rest of the Trophy photo's here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicatt/sets/72157614031317988/

Enjoy!
Peter T.

Bravo, bravo Peter!!!!! You have lots of excellent picts. from super plants in your slide-show!!!! I esp. liked rothsch. (of course), but also fairreanum, the sophronitis and schomburgkia! Jean

Some wonderful plants there. Thanks for posting these. Couple comments.

S. wittigiana is just fantastic, such a soft color, and yes, I even like the round shape. It never ceases to amaze me the perfection achieved by Japanese growers with Sophronitis - plants at shows look spotless, almost unreal. The C. goeringii 'benimaro' too is lovely, especially with so many flowers at one time - not an easy thing to do with these dark colored forms. The roth is just fantastic too of course as is that P. schilleriana, but is that really just one plant?!

Thanks for sharing! So many great plants! I especially like the spotted Neostylis and the Telipogon :clap:

I think the Cym. goeringii is fragrant, but i'm not sure. The P. schilleriana was one plant but with many keikis that were growing on the mount.
There were several Soph. wittigiana's at the show, each one was just beautifully colored and round!
The Japanese are really proud of their native orchids as you can see from the many immaculate plants that were in the show.
Peter T.

Latest posts

Back