• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Total steal of a deal

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What bothers me most are the obvious lies in this listing- only 3 plants from original seed pod and never released. Ha! Never released- wrong. Only 3 plants from original seed pod and yet this person owns a plant with a mass produced printed plant tag.

The cross was registered in 2013. If you want one for $49.99- here is a place in NY that has 9 for sale (no past or current affiliation- I just googled it),

http://marlowsorchids.com/inc/sdetail/4041

To be fair, it does look to be a stunning flower. Ozpaph- do you think that colorbreak could be a first flowering issue, or is it more likely a permanent condition?

If you want one for $49.99- here is a place in NY that has 9 for sale (no past or current affiliation- I just googled it),

To be fair, it does look to be a stunning flower. Ozpaph- do you think that colorbreak could be a first flowering issue, or is it more likely a permanent condition?

Hmm thanks for the lead.
Everyone does have their price

What bothers me most are the obvious lies in this listing- only 3 plants from original seed pod and never released. Ha! Never released- wrong. Only 3 plants from original seed pod and yet this person owns a plant with a mass produced printed plant tag.

The cross was registered in 2013. If you want one for $49.99- here is a place in NY that has 9 for sale (no past or current affiliation- I just googled it),

Where do you see "original"?
It just says three plants survived out of the pod.
It has been made more than once most likely.

Where do you see "original"?
It just says three plants survived out of the pod.
It has been made more than once most likely.

Original in the sense of the specific cross from which the seller claims to have sourced this particular plant.

The seller's comment along with the "never released" comment implies that he is selling one of 3 plants in existence, which is wrong. The commercial ID tag is also an indication that this plant did not come from a private cross that yielded only 3 plants.

I merely put that BS claim to rest- and note that the plant tag for his plant looks awfully similar to the tags on the plants in the sales link I listed. I could not blow up the photos with sufficient detail to prove the point- but the potential is there.

Original in the sense of the specific cross from which the seller claims to have sourced this particular plant.

The seller's comment along with the "never released" comment implies that he is selling one of 3 plants in existence, which is wrong. The commercial ID tag is also an indication that this plant did not come from a private cross that yielded only 3 plants.

I merely put that BS claim to rest- and note that the plant tag for his plant looks awfully similar to the tags on the plants in the sales link I listed. I could not blow up the photos with sufficient detail to prove the point- but the potential is there.

I'm just saying that I do not see the word original anywhere on the description for the ebay listing this thread is talking about.

Latest posts

Back