Too many Magic Lanterns

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
If there's one plant that I've never had a problem with it's these. All are divisions of one plant that I bought ??? The first picture is a group of five pots with the smallest division being four growths. The second photo is of my two largest divisions. Most were repotted this Spring so I'm expecting a better flower counts next year.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Wow, very impressive....but if you have enough growing space you never won't have too many ML. 👍 BTW would be nice to see these groups from the other side, the front side.

Windowsill grower, which is why they are all leaning away from the shot. Three racks at the only three windows suitable for growing, so space is at a premium. I'll see if I can set up the front shot.

Good job, they look great! I'm debating whether I should divide my micranthum as it seems to be doing well right now.

Man, that's some awesome growing there. I would have been tempted to keep it as one massive clump!

Thanks. I like to keep the clumps symmetric. These are just the result of years of repotting and removing any lateral or old growths in order to maintain the overall shape. I intend to keep the two largest together as long as I can. Both were repotted this Spring.

For GuRu.............

Thanks a lot for this impressive sight......but from now on you won't have space on your sofa. :)
I'm wondering why they all flower at the same time ? Is it, why all pots are filled with parts of the same plant ?

Last edited:
Very nice, Don. I am.still growing a concolor of yours. It grows like a champ with lovely flowers. I have clumps in two pots now.

Thanks a lot for this impressive sight......but from now on you won't have space on your sofa. :)
I'm wondering why they all flower at the same time ? Is it, why all pots are filled with parts of the same plant ?

I think you are correct. Since they are all divisions of the same plant, even though they are in their own pots they act as one plant with their bloom times in sync.

Love the sofa shot, this one is on my 'must buy again list'

What do you call a group of Magic Lanterns? An Illumination!

Jokes aside, I love the display you have going on. Every single division looks very well-grown.

Latest posts

Back