Tonsum 'David' am/aos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
PICT0370.jpg

Here it is Ernie. I thought I had posted it before.

The sweet color on that tonsum explains the rich overlay on my Ton-Ton [provisional] then. I meant to take Ton-Ton to judging, but logistics prevented it. I'm afraid the dorsal will start to reflex before we judge next but there is another bud on a second growth. For those confused, this is spillover from another thread on Star Wars themed grex names. Ton-Ton is the pending name for (tonsum X S Gratrix) OR a beast you ride in the snow which looks like a cross between a kangaroo and a yak. Han says they smell bad inside and out too.

-Ernie

The sweet color on that tonsum explains the rich overlay on my Ton-Ton [provisional] then. I meant to take Ton-Ton to judging, but logistics prevented it. I'm afraid the dorsal will start to reflex before we judge next but there is another bud on a second growth. For those confused, this is spillover from another thread on Star Wars themed grex names. Ton-Ton is the pending name for (tonsum X S Gratrix) OR a beast you ride in the snow which looks like a cross between a kangaroo and a yak. Han says they smell bad inside and out too.

-Ernie

They make crazy noises too. agahhhgaggaa. The name is actually not provisional. It was accepted just not on their website yet. I have written confirmation.

My mistake on the provisional business. I've been wrong before and will be at some point again. Will try to post our Ton-Ton. Al has one posted on his web site- if you folks don't have any of Al's plants, you're missing out. Superb grower and great guy.
http://www.orchidexchange.com/Photos/web2089.htm
Again, that isn't ours... ours is nicer! :) Fuller, flatter dorsal and no color breaks.

-Ernie

Not this Rick, but I posted a P. tonsum David AM/AOS with a slightly wompy pouch

Your's is great Paphioland!

the actual clone 'david' or a selfing? Has the pouch bloomed better since? It usually does.

Back