• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Tom Orchid - BUYER BEWARE

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noochka1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right section of the board, but I just want to give everyone a heads up to beware of this vendor in Thailand. I have had 2 large orders pending with him for nearly 6 months and his excuses for not shipping them are just garbage. It's pretty clear he has no intention of ever doing so. I just visited another orchid forum and others have had similar experiences. BEWARE!

Had a similar experience with the same vendor about a year ago
The site looked legit, but ultimately kicked myself for being so naive.

Didn't wait 6 months, and (with some difficulty) managed to cancel the order.

Makes me appreciate the great US orchid sellers and the great folks here on the forum!

Agreed! I'll stick to domestic now whenever possible. CITES and phyto is a pain anyway.

I must say that the 2 initial orders I placed with him were sent immediately and the plants were really good. I thought I had a new favorite vendor. I don't know what happened but, based on reviews elsewhere and from my own recent experiences something has definitely gone wonky at Tom Orchid.

I'm not rescinding my previous warning yet, but in fairness I am updating it to advise that the vendor has contacted me regarding the pending orders. He has advised that the orders will ship in March, which is an awfully long time for orders placed in June and July. But I am prepared to wait. I'll update again in March. We shall see......

I'm not rescinding my previous warning yet, but in fairness I am updating it to advise that the vendor has contacted me regarding the pending orders. He has advised that the orders will ship in March, which is an awfully long time for orders placed in June and July. But I am prepared to wait. I'll update again in March. We shall see......
I just posted a query about the vendor and a kind member linked me to your post here. Any further developments? I’ll check back in March but I hope you’re feeling positive about it. The offerings are pretty great.

I ordered orchids in September 2022, he did not respond at all to my requests when they would be sent to me. When I threatened him with the international financial police, he sent them to me in good condition in January 2023.

Just a quick update. I sent them a message a couple of days ago reminding them this it's March. So far no response, so I pinged them again this morning. I'll keep you posted.

International Financial Police? I didn't know there was such a thing. Maybe I'll try that as well if I don't get a response!

Latest posts

Back