Tolumnias

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love these also!
Used to have tons of every color. Then tossed them all away. Now they are slowly creeping in. Only three and all are pink-red shade.

Gorgeous, and beautifully grown!

Tossed them all away??????????

Yes. I go through phases every so often.
Say by to a bunch of cheap common stuff or anything not doing that well, I dump them for making space for shopping. ;)

Funny thing is everything I threw away is not seen any more.
All those Genting something hybrids used to be very common.

Starting about two years ago, Ten Shin has been bringing a bunch of Tolumnia, all are same cross, Jirak something, but obviously all seed grown as I see various color ranges, even white among mostly brownish yellowish to pink and red. How odd!

I have three and they are all pink. I miss Genting Tequila the most.

Yesterday, I threw away a big specimen Cattleya that I no longer feel attached to.
I placed some of my Cycnoshes in the new space. I did some serious repotting of all my Catasetum/Cycnoches last night. Phew~ :)

I also started to fall in love with Tolumnia when a speaker from Woodland orchids came to CNYOS and did a talk about space-saving orchids with big color/blooms. A cluster of Tolumnia can have a myriad of color and take up less than a square foot of space!

I learned that Jairek Rainbow seedlings can produce a kaleidoscope of colors and effects/patterns, and there are many other Jairek- named crosses and clones that look great also! Definitely looking to add more asap.

Cracking flowers, I have always admired these blooms and plant congrats on flowering them.

Latest posts

Back