Tolumnias (Bandwidth warning!)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
As I was wandering through the greenhouse making equitant crosses (my new breeding passion), I decided maybe I should take some pictures of the studs so I could remember what they looked like... I'm using my big bright red ones a lot (I've posted them already), and crossing them with the following (and themselves, and almost anything else!).

This one is pretty cool colors. Needs more flowers, but maybe next year on that. (Tol. Alameda Joy 'Littlefrog Sunset')
Tol_Almeida_Joy_LFSunset_sm.jpg

This is one of my best and will win me a trophy this weekend (five spikes that look just like that). It is Rodriguesia secunda by something that I can't remember.... Rio's Happy?
Rdcm_pink.jpg

This is Tol. Carnival Costume "Summer Sprite", with several awards. A prolific bloomer.
Onc_CarnivalCostume_SummerS.jpg

Such a nice pattern, but not many flowers (it is still a baby). Orchidom Fire Glow
Onc_(OrchidomFantasyXRalphY.jpg

And this one isn't a tolumnia, but it is pretty cool. Onc. Totosauri. I have about 50 of these, and they are blooming out all the way from this one to the lightest chartreuse. I like this one for color.
Onc_Totosauri_LFColor.jpg

Rodriguezia hybrid, but yes, it is going if i don't have some sort of crisis between today and Friday!

Patience, young Jedi NYEric.... :) I'll post the red ones for sale when I have more... I did get 4 or 5 of the 'good cross' (probably the last they had), but until they bloom I don't know if they are red or not. Tolumnias are too variable to sell them as a specific color without first seeing them bloom. Not nearly as easy as selling a vini-color paph.

NYEric said:
Yeah I know..:rolleyes: It's just that after I lost my Onc. Popoki Mitzi things just haven't been the same...:sob:

Hmm... I think I might have lost my Popoki as well (seemed fussier than most, for some reason), but I might have something better that needs to be divided. After show season I will see how many pieces of nice things end up 'falling off'.

Latest posts

Back