Tokyo Orchid Nursery Roths

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I can get a Raptor flask from Sam but could someone tell me where I could get a Tarantula flask?

Good discussion. I am not a roth nut. I have a few in my collection and quite please with the ones I have bloomed. But if I ever have to pick. I will pick this clone or similar to it. I had forgotten where I found this photo.

All credits to the owner and photographer
309749_139260279571872_1406965057_n.jpg

@ paphioland - if you are selling some seedlings or compots of Tarantula, Make sure to send a PM my way. Only thing is I am in Canada and I know moving plants can be harder then flask :sob:

Good discussion. I am not a roth nut. I have a few in my collection and quite please with the ones I have bloomed. But if I ever have to pick. I will pick this clone or similar to it. I had forgotten where I found this photo.

I could be wrong but that looks like Roth 'knight castle' GM/JOGA to me

TON posted some new roth pictures on their website from the current generation. The first one is extremely nice.

Does anyone sometimes think that flowers from MM are the best in the F1 generation? It seems the F2 don't have as many standouts. Makes me think the F3 will be amazing.

http://www.tokyoorchidnursery.com

Oh man am I ever excited about my Saltin Pepper x Western Monarch cross! That 'Gargantula' is a beauty! Mine is starting a new growth, so fingers crossed for next year.

i have some too, spring queen x western monarch, knight challenge x titanic, giant wings x mm, etc. hope mine bud soon too.

I think it has to do with the sheer number bloomed. There are def a higher percentage of good ones which is what I think happens more with species after multiple generations of breeding. You do push the top standard forward but more slowly than making the average quality higher and more homogeneous. Ton Roth's weakness have been narrow petals in my opinion. Some have good petal width but it is rarer compared to OZ crosses. Unfort it is very unusual to have thick petals and long petals. Wait you will see some really good ones out of the new crosses eventually. Look at consett's roth with titatic as parent. It was pretty darn nice.

Last edited:

I really like this one too..this is the best photo I have seen of a roth..too bad the roths that are considered the top don't have photos like this.

He claims he did it to a Dazzler cross Lien and I made years ago and he would give me some back but has never occurred.
Ken is this 'Dazzler' x 'Buff'???

Back