Tokyo - Orchid Dome 2009

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really?? I better book the flight after they announce the show date in 2010 so I won't miss it!

WOW !!! Those are some gorgeous photos !!!!! I'm drooling over them. The shows here are nothing compared to that. Thanks again for the photos !!!!

Indeed some incredible specimens there - the fairrieanum and rhothschildianum are beyond imagination. I'm sure most western growers would be amazed at the value of those little C. goeringii, especially large clumps with high quality flowers - anywhere from $300 and up to...?

On the whole though, I find these huge shows to be really over the top, especially the massive displays of hybrid Phals, Catts, Paphs, Dendrobs, and so on. Impressive at some level, but more like the Rose Bowl Parade rather than an orchid show.

Having said that, thanks so much for the photo tour Olaf. One day I'll fork over the ¥¥¥ to make it up to this show.

That's true Dot, but I'd still have to fork over something like $400 for just a couple days and that's not including any plants I'd like to get. Travel in Japan is expensive, so I don't travel very much except locally.
I should have included the poke icon, Tom. I've been to Japan, and have an idea of the distance and cost of travel there. So now you can chide me for not going to the Slipper Forum (or any other show in the US, for that matter!).

Back