Todd Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
This one is blooming again almost exactly two years after its first bloom.
Please excuse the less-than-ideal background but I wanted to take pictures now.
The flower looks very much the same as the first time, but the overall shape & proportions have changed somewhat. The size & patterns are about the same as the first bloom.
The inflorescence is almost twice as tall this time, though. Malipoense genes kicked in, I guess.
The mild fragrance is also there. I’m happy. I just hope that the plant will pick up some more speed.

The link to the thread of its first bloom below
Todd Hasegawa

D55F1F64-C2B1-4809-992B-35C0811B1F0C.jpeg

Last edited:
Lovely! Does the flower color change over time?
Yes.
It has just opened up (still expanding floral segments) and is still rather mint green. This photo shows the flower rather yellow due to the lighting.
Over the course of a couple of weeks, the color will turn pale yellow to near cream white with the pouch slightly darker than the rest of the flower based on the observation of the flower two years ago.

Thanks for the info, please keep us updated on the color progression!

Yes.
It has just opened up (still expanding floral segments) and is still rather mint green. This photo shows the flower rather yellow due to the lighting.
Over the course of a couple of weeks, the color will turn pale yellow to near cream white with the pouch slightly darker than the rest of the flower based on the observation of the flower two years ago.

Thanks for the info, please keep us updated on the color progression!
Sorry the update never came. It basically looked the same the whole time except I couldn't capture the color changes right.
The plant is still not showing any signs of a new growth. So this plant is going to be a very slow one until the next bloom. Oh, well...
I'll take this opportunity to repot it as it has never been repotted for many many years.

Latest posts

Back