Todays pic of Phrag les Varines.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quaker

Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just keeps getting better and bigger.
Using the continual irrigation has worked wonders for my Phrags. At the moment I have nine in spike or bloom.

Hope you like.

Ed

View of irrigation.

Will do

Ed

I can't place more than one pic at a time for some reason. This pic shows the input of water which passes thru the black connection and holds the pressure at one bar. Our water is very soft with a ph of 6.8 which I consider very acceptable.Please look at next pic.

I can't place more than one pic at a time for some reason. This pic shows the input of water which passes thru the black connection and holds the pressure at one bar. Our water is very soft with a ph of 6.8 which I consider very acceptable.Please look at next pic.

Just a pic of the drip system showing the water which id dripping at around 120 per minute.

Just a pic of the drip system showing the water which id dripping at around 120 per minute.

The water is not circulated but the compost is being kept moist by perfectly clean water. The surplus water just runs thru' the pot and onto the flagged base of the greenhouse with the added advantage of keeping the humidity at a very good level.

Thanks for looking.

Ed

Interesting system. How many plants does this service?

Hi Slipperfan. The system at the moment is running 23 plants. Twenty of them are Phrags and I'm trying three on Paphs. There is a remarkable difference in the Paphs ( lowii, roboelini and insigne var.. sanderae ) all of which are showing more erect leaves.stiffer leaves and better growth. Don't know if this will last but all is well.............upto now!!!!

Ed

Amazing that a simple system like that works so well. Having soft water is good to but, what about filtration (like R.O.) to remove minerals and chemicals, etc?

Latest posts

Back