tips for climbing Phrag. besseae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
hello all,

Here's an idea on how to grow climbing besseae, look at what I did, very easy, and of course I will tell you if it works or not!:)

montagebesseaewj7.jpg

There are growdan growcubes inside the wire, and Sphagnum all arround it.

perhaps it could be interesting to add to the newly created plastic basket, some limestones and some sort of slow release calcium, boro and other microelements, like egg-shell, etc....
just another idea. remember PB likes to grow lithophitic...

perhaps it could be interesting to add to the newly created plastic basket, some limestones and some sort of slow release calcium, boro and other microelements, like egg-shell, etc....

yes, but I think rocks are cover with moss, so they should like pH about 5-6

I will probably use living sphagnum instead of this dead sphagnum later.

And I use an organic fertiliser, there are all nutrients needed by the plant.:D

Isaias
I am very interest to hear your detail opinion about this, because this is the second time I hear someone mentions limestone for besseae.
I wonder whether partially why our besseae declining is not just temperature but also lack of calcium.
Do they grow in limestone area in natural habitat?

How is that going to contain the climbing besseae? Are you hoping the roots will grow into the wire?

Yes, that's what I'm expecting for, I will help roots to grow by recovering them with sphagnum moss, kept wet.
But I won't be disappointed if that doesn't work so good, this one don't grow very easy...:wink:

Latest posts

Back