Time for me to do a little dance

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

Okay, so it's not exactly roth 'MM' x 'Rex' and is probably not a huge deal for the more experienced growers but here's what my Paph philippinense var. roebelinii has (please excuse the dirty leaves)

Paphphilippinensevarroebeliniispike.jpg

I bought it last summer and it wil be its first blooming. I've been growing Paphs since last March and this is the first multi to spike for me.

Thank you guys, I'm really thrilled!

How fast/slow do the spikes on these guys develop?

Congrats...I love doing the spike dance...think I will do a few steps for you :D
I forget how long mine took when in spike last year. Maybe 4 weeks or so.

:rollhappy::rollhappy:LOL ya know my King Arther had something like that and I thought it was rot or something so I but a couple of drops of Dragons Blood in the crown.....hope if it is going to be a bloom the Dragons Blood does not hurt it:rollhappy::rollhappy:

Thanks Peter! There will be photos, no question about that :D

:rollhappy::rollhappy:LOL ya know my King Arther had something like that and I thought it was rot or something so I but a couple of drops of Dragons Blood in the crown.....hope if it is going to be a bloom the Dragons Blood does not hurt it:rollhappy::rollhappy:

I'm sorry but :rollhappy: I hope the plant is okay.

These guys are real fast. I noticed the bract about a week ago in about the same position as Elena's and today its over 10" tall with multiple bracts.

This clone has consistently produced spikes of 7+ flowers for me.

Thank you guys!

Rick, it appears that you are right, it's grown a fair bit in the last 3 days. I can only hope for 7+ flowers though :wink:

Latest posts

Back