tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjorn

Reaction score
These are plants I received several years ago(2013) as relatively smallish seedlings. One plant with two spikes, the first one came out crippled like this:

reason could be use of kelp? Have seen similar things from that before. But the next flower came out nicely

The full plant.

It is a bit pale, but think it has been suffering a bit from drought. Started to Wonder if that was the reason for it to decide pushing the buds, tigers can be a bit tricky that way.

Nice to see. I would think the drought had more to do with the crippled flower then the kelp.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Nice tiger. The hormones in kelp products could have odd effects on buds very early in development, but so could drought, or heat, or cold, or many other things - any stress at just the right (wrong) delicate point in development. It would be at a point before you had any sign of a spike.

The second bloom looks quite nice. I'm sure they'll
improve over time...well, the first bloom will make good
compost anyway. I always keep that thought in mind
when blooms go wrong.

Very nice mine is still in bloom smilare size plant.
By the what are you growing yours in

I know. I meant the first flower - some people would have thrown it away.

Yeah, it was a disappointment, but it gives me all those strange associations, from "The elephant man" to american politics these days. Weird isnt it?:p
So, I think the crippled one has a value on its own. Definitely a keeper! On the other hand; it would have been nice to have two shapely flowers on that plant:eek:

Back