Three Spurs Are Better Than One!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The curse of the camera! Those are wild, thanx for sharing.
They really are wild! :drool: Cameras make me nuts. :eek: Sometimes I manage to capture the most amazing photos, and at other times I am woefully incompetent behind the lens.

that is prettier than I expected!
is it more fragrant than normal because of the extra spurs?

I think it's really beautiful! I am super pleased with this variety! I don't know if it's more fragrant than normal because of the extra spurs, but it certainly seems to me tonight to be fragrant in a way which is different from other Neos. I don't know if it's just my nose acting strangely or if these flowers really do smell different from other Neos. I don't have any others in bloom at the moment. I'll have to keep sampling the scent for a few more days until I figure it out. :) I know I really like what I am smelling tonight! :clap: It's superb!

Lovely, Mark! Good thing you don't have to worry about this one turning out to be single spurred on some years. You should use that for your avatar here.

Lovely, Mark! Good thing you don't have to worry about this one turning out to be single spurred on some years. You should use that for your avatar here.
Thanks Tracy! :) Indeed this one will bloom consistently with three spurs. If I'm lucky I might even coax a second set of flowers later yet this year. :D

In the light of the morning sun I managed to capture some photos which I think are at least somewhat better than the one I posted last night. Enjoy!

May042010010reducLS.jpg

May042010034reduc.jpg

Hehehe it really is very cool, Tom!

Maybe it is a freak of nature, Dot. I tend to like things which are a little bit crazy anyway. :wink:

Eh, paphioboy? How could anyone ever want to bash you up? :evil: You're just still a little uninitiated into the wondrously strange and fragrant world of Fukiran! We'll get you yet...just give it some time... :p

I tried really hard, but I only managed to get one good shot on Sunday. It shows more of the back and sides of the flowers than anything else, but I still felt the photo was worth sharing. All three flowers are now open on the rare and delightful Neofinetia falcata var. 'Manjyushage' and it smells very nice too! :)
May092010182newerreduc.jpg

Latest posts

Back