Three in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The one on the left is Barbara Larkin, armeniacum x Fumi's Delight, out of a flask purchased from Windy Hill Gardens in 2013. Healthy plant, but a slooow grower. The one in the center is villosum fma amnamense, purchased at a local orchid meeting, but I believe originally from OI. The one on the right is Paph Maudiae "Los Osos" HCC/AOS, from our own ST member, Slipperking. I traded some plants with him. Mike

DSCN4703.JPG

what was said in another post is confirmed, and you corrected me with all the reason in the world. they have been labeling themselves in villosum laichaunum as annamense, and there are many people confused

Mike, you have three lovely Paphs there.......

.....but in my eyes the one in the centre isn't P. villosum var. annamense but P. villosum var. laichunum. P. villosum var. annamense have a white dorsal with a purple centre. You can see all P. villosum varieties here .
Thanks. I'll make a note on the tag. The plant was from Sam Tsui and I would normally defer to him. Also, I think that one of the parents was AOS awarded, so, as a species, it may have received additional review before the award was official. Mike

Thanks. I'll make a note on the tag. The plant was from Sam Tsui and I would normally defer to him. Also, I think that one of the parents was AOS awarded, so, as a species, it may have received additional review before the award was official. Mike

Mike, I just wrote down what I saw/still see in your photo. It's your part to draw conclusions of it or not. But what I know is.....mislabeling might happen anyhow and anywhere. Nobody is perfect. Maybe other member of ST will dare and write their opinion here, too.

Mike, I just wrote down what I saw/still see in your photo. It's your part to draw conclusions of it or not. But what I know is.....mislabeling might happen anyhow and anywhere. Nobody is perfect. Maybe other member of ST will dare and write their opinion here, too.
Guru, I do accept what you say and have re-labelled the plant. You invested the time to investigate the differences in the forms and your understanding is far greater than mine. I will leave the original label in the pot too, but only as a reference to clonal names of parents. I should include a note about this information on ST, so that things make sense years from now. Mike

The one on the left is Barbara Larkin, armeniacum x Fumi's Delight, out of a flask purchased from Windy Hill Gardens in 2013. Healthy plant, but a slooow grower. The one in the center is villosum fma amnamense, purchased at a local orchid meeting, but I believe originally from OI. The one on the right is Paph Maudiae "Los Osos" HCC/AOS, from our own ST member, Slipperking. I traded some plants with him. Mike

View attachment 31450
I would settle for just one of my Maudies bursting into bloom, they have plenty of growth but so far over two years and counting no blooms. I remain patient. 😹

Latest posts

Back