Three different besseae hybrids in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" I know it’s not a besseae but close..... "

Yes, and QF Maria is two taxonomist arguments away from being a Rosalie Dixler.

my understanding then is:
Rosalie Dixler is besseae x kaieteurum (which is a synonym of lindleyanum or it is a separate species from lindleyanum?)
Thanks for the info....
I believe both kaieteurum and dalessandroi are considered species. However some argue they are variants. Yours looks very similar to Rosalie Dixler. I have a division of the "Fox Valley" clone.

I believe both kaieteurum and dalessandroi are considered species. However some argue they are variants. Yours looks very similar to Rosalie Dixler. I have a division of the "Fox Valley" clone.
And here is that Fox Valley clone for comparison, Ken.

Attachments

• PRDFVAM-2.jpg
    PRDFVAM-2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 16
Experts are still disagreeing, but for now Phragmipedium dalessandroi is accepted by Kew as a separate species from besseae. Phrag besseae var. dalessandroi is a synonym. In either case, hybrids made with dalessandroi would be considered different than those made with besseae.

Kaieteurum is considered to be lindleyanum var. kaieteurum, which still makes its hybrids differently registered than those with regular lindleyanum.

Latest posts

Back