This from Jason Fischer - a gorgeous red kovachii hybrid.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This cross was registered as Black Cherry by OL in 2014. I have never seen it before. It really looks red for a kovachii cross. Only a few Fritz Schomburg pictures that I have seen (mostly tetraploid) have gotten to this red. Black Cherry ends up being about 44% besseae, 25% kovachii and sargentianum, and 6% schlimii. The red is coming from a lucky shuffling of the genes from besseae and sargentianum. I would think these would not be able to make it to the 12+ cm horizontal width of the best Fritz Schomburg, but you get the red color.

hi,

two other red ones from the last years (ACF stands for Asendorf Coral Fire)

Attachments

• phragm. Asendorf Red Eagle 07.jpeg
    phragm. Asendorf Red Eagle 07.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1
  • phragm. ACF 043.JPG
    phragm. ACF 043.JPG
    471.8 KB · Views: 1
That would work - Jason Fischer x Robert C. Silich. Robert C. Silich was an Orchids Limited creation and was very red. I saw some very red ones at OL but they aren’t easy to find for sale. ACF would be 2/3 besseae and 1/3 sargentianum. Won’t usually be as big or as round as the Black Cherry because of the lack of the kovachii.

hi, yes, exact, ACf is not round shaped, but relative big flowers are possible, here an size relation to an tetra Bel Royal from EYF in our stock, ACF can bear up to three flowers same time per spike, gets pretty tall, more than 100 cm length are possible

Attachments

• phragm. ACF & Bel Royal 4.JPG
    phragm. ACF & Bel Royal 4.JPG
    446.3 KB · Views: 1
Back