There's Lunacy at Home Depot.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jblanford

Just what Leo did, I did it acouple of weeks ago and got two great Paphs from Arnie Klehm on a 2for1 deal. This week I got another coupon for buy1 get 1free. So today I went to another HD and found this Paph. Lunacy, 2 nice blooms and a good size new growth.
IMG_2683.jpg

The second plant was a 10" pot with 2 large NOID Phals. both plants in good shape. well that comes down to about $9.00 ea. You can't beat that... Jim.

IMG_2684.jpg

very nice.The HD and Lowes here all get there stuff from FL - grown-on Taiwanese stuff.

My HD never has paphs...just the most generic of phals and dends....occasionally some oncidiinae, and even more rarely some generic cymbidiums.

Wow! You are lucky indeed! The Home Depot and Lowes stores around here seem to get only the usual junk produced for the masses like noid Phalaenopsis and Dendrobium plants.

I confess, however, that I purchased a $7USD Walaenopsis (Phal from Walmart) last year. :eek: The profuse medium-small white flowers with red and yellow centers had a nice shape and presented so well on the multibranched spike that I just couldn't resist bringing it home. Once it had finished blooming after a couple of months, I tried to give it away :p but nobody wanted it. :rollhappy: Being a soft-hearted sucker for all living green things, I repotted it and kept it around. It's sending up a new spike now, so I guess it likes me. :clap: It will be interesting for me to see how well (or awful) the spike and flowers turn out to be.

Walaenopsis - I love it!!!! :D

With respect to the Home Depot thing, maybe we should be glad that our HD's don't carry a great variety of orchids - can you imagine the size of our collections if they did? :eek:

Beautiful pick ups Jim!

I generally don't buy orchids at big box stores. The chances of it having a label, or the label being correct are slim to none. Might be nice to look at, but useless at a show (for judging). Along with that, if you don't get there on or near the shipment day, the health of the plants quickly deteriorates, since the staff have no clue how to care for them.

Latest posts

Back