Thelymitra graminea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thelymytra species are summer dormant and rest as tubers during this period. At this time, you must keep them completely dry. New leaves will emerge in late summer, then you can water regularly and fertilize once a month with low EC level (around 0.3 mS/cm) like for Disa species. Culture in full sun is essential. They can tolerate low temperatures (I keep mine at about +2°C during winter but it is said that they can tolerate light frost until -5°C). When the plant starts to bloom, reduce watering and stop completely when its leaves die back. I grow them in a substrate mainly made of peat + around 5% of quartz sand (I was advised not to add more!).

Very nice. I tried one last year, seedling size, not big enough to bloom. It came up fine, grew a nice leaf over the winter, and then died back when one would expect it to, but without making a new tuber for next year. Oh well.

Sylvain, only few ones can grow this species in artificial environment and fewer ones bring them to flower .... so chapeau to your growing skills. Not to forget these flowers are really beauties and your photos excellent ones. 👌

Sylvain, only few ones can grow this species in artificial environment and fewer ones bring them to flower .... so chapeau to your growing skills. Not to forget these flowers are really beauties and your photos excellent ones. 👌
Thanks Rudolf for your kind comment, and I agree with you, for sure they are beauties! 👍

Latest posts

Back