Thelymitra glaucophylla 'Royal Blue'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely ..... and I can't find any differences to your T. graminea on the first sight .... both are great. Congrats to grow and flower them. 👌

Last edited:
Stunning… how long flowers last? Sequential?
Thank you Leslie.

It is its first bloom so I don't know how long the flowers last. However, if I refer to my T. megcalyptra, they could last 10 days or so.

There are 4 flowers on the spike. When I took the picture, the 2 lowest were fully opened, the one just above was opening, and the top one was closed. So sequential, but in the end all the flowers can be opened at the same time.

Thelymitras are a bit of a pain when it comes to opening their flowers: if the weather isn't sunny enough or it's not warm enough, the flowers stay closed. In addition, some species seem cleistogamous like T. vulgaris or T. luteocileum: their flowers have barely opened once but despite this they are producing fruit.

Lovely ..... and I can't find any differences to you T. graminea on the first sight .... both are great. Congrats to grow and flower them. 👌
I agree with you Rudolf: difficult to find any difference with T. graminea.

I could finally make the flowers open again today, so here they are.

Thelymitra glaucophylla 'Royal Blue' :
Thelymitra glaucophylla 'Royal Blue'_FB.jpg

Thelymitra glaucophylla 'Royal Blue' :
Thelymitra glaucophylla 'Royal Blue' #03_FB.jpg

Thelymitra glaucophylla 'Royal Blue' (left) and Thelymitra megcalyptra :
Thelymitra glaucophylla 'Royal Blue' (Gauche) et Thelymitra megcalyptra_FB.jpg

Latest posts

Back