the wait is over

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

I do have some complexes that have opened recently.
This one is Pandemonium 'Hurricane' x Ingenious. I'd like it better if it opened flatter, it's a bit cupped.

This one is Blast Master x micranthum. I could find no info/pics on Blast Master, I was thinking a red??? and hoping it wouldn't live up to it's name!

Does this 1st bloom have potential???

Rose, although the first one's dorsal is a bit pinched, odds are it may outgrow that. It's got a nice shape and color and I'd be happy with it! Now the second one...:pity: We all have a few only it's mommy could love.

And I thought you had hit the Lotto! :(

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy: how I wish!!!!

Now the second one...:pity: We all have a few only it's mommy could love.
The first one is a previous bloomed plant, so I don't know how much faith I have in it getting better. It does grow like a weed & has another growth in spike.
...the second one .... well..... hopefully it can only get better, as it's had all the disappointments in the same blooming! The leaves are somewhat accordianed, so I'll have to up the water & see if that doesn't help for next year. Is there something good? Oh yeah - It didn't show the bud & then take forever to bloom, like it's one parent!

Blast Master is a standard red complex with doses of Winston Churchill, Paeony, Mildred Hunter, Noyo, and Santa Margarita in its background. I would hold and rebloom this one at least once or twice more if you like the color. Parvi and Brachy crosses with complex Paphs can improve quite dramatically as the plant matures. The improvements can be in form and the elimination of color breaks.

Thanks Paphreek!
I do like the color & the markings & planned on holding on to it. The flower is about 4.5" across, so I think the size is good for a first time bloom & I don't think it would make much difference to me if it didn't get any bigger in future bloomings. The plant size is rather compact & the leaves don't sprawl all over. I like it's heritage, those are some nice reds. Is Blast Master spelled correctly? I tried looking it up on RHS & they have no record. I even tried Blastmaster & no luck there either.

Those blooms are beautiful. I can't understand why anyone would consider getting rid of any plant that can produce a flower as lovely as what I've seen above and in other threads.

Those blooms are beautiful. I can't understand why anyone would consider getting rid of any plant that can produce a flower as lovely as what I've seen above and in other threads.

Hmmm. I must be on crack, because I'm seeing a pretty hideous bloom. No offense, but I can feel my retinas withering:> I've never been one to hold back...

What is so wrong with those blooms that your retinas are withering? I simply don't get it and this isn't the first time I've seen flowers picked apart. Granted, they're not perfect but they're anything but grotesque.

I'm talking about the second paph. And ah, yeah it is sort of grotesque. I'd give it one more chance to bloom out without causing me to *shudder* and if it didn't improve send it to Eric!:>

Of course we tell the truth here.. that means the negative with the positive. Lots of long-time growers here that have seen many plants in flower to compare to.

I keep forgetting there are people who judge orchids in the threads. If an orchid blooms for me, I'm ecstatic so please consider the source of the comment.

Rose, I've changed my mind and that second one is absolutely grotesque. You should get rid of it. Toss that out in the garbage right now. What day is garbage day for you?

Forget all this nonsense, all I want to know is what day is Candace's garbage day :drool:
GREAT IDEA - I'll help you! When do we leave? I'll pick the hotel!
I'm going to be holding on to it as I know the water wasn't right & that can definitely have an effect, it's also compact so doesn't take up much room.

Usually, I have volunteers to re-home my frankenorchids so they don't make it to the trash. Those that bloom out not to my liking, but are still decent plants, are donated to my local orchid society, sold etc. I have a Paph. Jade Dragon that opened a couple of weeks ago that I'll try to post a picture of tomorrow if the sun ever shines. I'll give it another blooming, but I was pretty under whelmed with it.

You will not pick a hotel for us! You can bring all your girls though.

Lookie where she lives- CA, nice sunny and warm CA!

We can pack up a tent and some sleeping bags and sleep out on her curb waiting for garbage day for all those plants that underwhelm her. We can stand outside our tent during the day with little signs that say, "Will work for orchids". If anyone asks what we're doing camped out on her curb, we can just tell them we're her long lost orchid buddies waiting for her cast offs. The way I figure it is that after a week of us out on her curb, she'll give us her misfit orchids to get rid of us and we can take them home to the snowy lands of misfit orchids.

Hey, we've got a couple of new hotels in the area built within the last two years. So that means probably less than 700 bodies have used the pillows and blankets. Maybe they've even been washed. Once.

Hey, we've got a couple of new hotels in the area built within the last two years. So that means probably less than 700 bodies have used the pillows and blankets. Maybe they've even been washed. Once.
:clap::clap::rollhappy::rollhappy::D:D:evil:

Back