The Three Musketeers of the House of Delenatii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stick with Averyanov, Cribb et al. in calling your coccineum barb. var. lockianum! ;)
I think you may be confused with vejvarutianum as syn for lockianum? 🙃 as noted by WCSP.

The differences of staminode, dorsal base color, and plant morphology (particularly angle of leaves and leaf tip lobes) are very different.

Thanks all for the kind words. I think these are the most consistent and easiest to grow of all the parvis. Once they establish they are pretty stable and happy.

Still on the lookout for a good vini and semi album. Sam and Popow promised me them respectively. Until its in my hands, the search continues.

Such a nice collection of blooms. I hope to get some blooming size delenatii from Paph Paradise this spring. I have some flask babies though from OrchidInn that are growing well and they have different leaf colourings. One looks close to vini colouring!

Attachments

• 20210103_195148.jpg
    20210103_195148.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 10
Those look very promising Scott, esp the vini-esque one. What parentage are they? Maybe one parent or both have vini genes.

I'd say they are about 2 years from blooming.

Thanks. These are 'Full Face' by 'Purple Wings' with the later being a vini. I am not sure if the other parent caries any vini genes. They are less than a year from flask so two more years would be awesome!

Thanks. These are 'Full Face' by 'Purple Wings' with the later being a vini. I am not sure if the other parent caries any vini genes. They are less than a year from flask so two more years would be awesome!
Scott, do you have the OI code for these seedlings? I'm confirming with Sam the exact genetic backgrounds of the parents.

Scott, do you have the OI code for these seedlings? I'm confirming with Sam the exact genetic backgrounds of the parents.

I would like to know as well as I got 3 flasks of them. Sam sent me the wrong delenatii cross so I ended up with 3 exact same cross.

I would like to know as well as I got 3 flasks of them. Sam sent me the wrong delenatii cross so I ended up with 3 exact same cross.
Yes I got confirmation from Sam that this cross in theory can get 25% vini, 25% normal type and 50% mix. So anything is possible with this OI0182 flask. Keep and bloom them all!

Yes I got confirmation from Sam that this cross in theory can get 25% vini, 25% normal type and 50% mix. So anything is possible with this OI0182 flask. Keep and bloom them all!

Thanks for the information. When I look at the young seedlings I do notice a few of then already have the dark purple edge so I suspect the mother plant to be half vinicolor. Hopefully the backcross will be as dark as the ones I had many years ago

DSC_0231.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back