The Three Musketeers of the House of Delenatii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T
Yours is a lovely one, and always memorable as your 'first'.

Don't worry, the show schedule will be back later in year or next year. You can assess the flower this year to see if it has improved over last year so that it can push for an upgrade to an AM next year. Usually if there is improvement in size, color, substance and more flowers (they can have 3 flowers), an upgrade is within reason. Then cut the spike off after a week of enjoying and let the plant grow stronger for the following show season.

And yes I do plan to go to the Paph forum, hopefully it will be in Hawaii next year! And perhaps get to meet some of you on here!
Thanks for the advice. I do have a spike starting, yay!! I hope you are kidding about Hawaii. See you in DC.

Though the name 'Dumbo' is strange for one of the 3 Musqueteers (lol).....this is a damn nice flower. Not to forget the other ones. Great !

Wonderful display - but how do you distinguish between the typical form and fma vinicolor, when they both have so coloured and saturated pouches?

And where on earth have you stuck the last, missing colour form: fma. semialbum? 😁

Golly! Beautiful, all! In the earlier photo, I love those snakey stems rising out of the beautiful forest of green.

Wonderful display - but how do you distinguish between the typical form and fma vinicolor, when they both have so coloured and saturated pouches?

And where on earth have you stuck the last, missing colour form: fma. semialbum? 😁
The difference between vini and regular is the depth of pouch darkness (more deep purple red) plus dark tessellations on leaves, especially the leave margins and undersides.

I have not a semi album yet lol but I saw this picture on the web. See what makes it a semi?

20210101_142929.jpg

how do you distinguish between the typical form and fma vinicolor, when they both have so coloured and saturated pouches?
The difference between vini and regular is the depth of pouch darkness (more deep purple red) plus dark tessellations on leaves, especially the leave margins and undersides.
Yes, I know...my "question" was of a more rhetoricall nature...like a hyperbole in honour of both excellent clones!
...what makes it a semi?View attachment 24566
I would go in search for the missing anthocyanin of the staminodal area, if I were responsible for a makeover to turn this beauty into the typical form!

Yes, I know...my "question" was of a more rhetoricall nature...like a hyperbole in honour of both excellent clones!

I would go in search for the missing anthocyanin of the staminodal area, if I were responsible for a makeover to turn this beauty into the typical form!
You are a riot kind sir. Maybe sit back and relax ...vand enjoy the show more hehe.

Latest posts

Back