The Stony Nano (image intense)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my favorite Zoas/Palys
IMG_4388.jpg

That orange and lilac one is gorgeous :drool:

Thanks for all the photos! I would really love a marine tank one day.

Those are all super cool! I can't imagine adding something to my to-do list, but the colors on those would make me think twice about it.

Here is a great source for clams.....he's just over in the next town from where I stay on LI.....went there, huge numbers of clams, all out in his garage under halides. Gets them from Vietnam. I asked if he has any CITES issues importing clams (aquacultured) from Vietnam...and he said there were no problems, but he couldn't import corals from there. On the other hand, he can import corals from Indonesia, but not clams....go Figure. take care, Eric
http://www.mjmaquaculture.com/

They grow in a "plate" form that slowly spreads out in all directions. The person that aquacultured it cut it up in pizza slice fashion instead of squares for whatever reason and that's what a $200 watermelon chalice slice looks like lol

Jon, your tank is wonderful. It is so rich with so many different beautiful species. I am in the process of setting up a reef tank in my (unused) wet bar. Just what I need, another expensive hobby!

:clap:Thanks, I really enjoyed your update! :drool: Beautiful!
........if only more time & money!!!

A little update on the road to recovery ;)

There was a frag swap yesterday (read as coral orchid show lol) and so of course I couldn't come home empty handed.

The tank now
IMG_4615.jpg

Replacement Sunset Monti
IMG_4620.jpg

War Coral
IMG_4625.jpg

Aussie Prism Favia
IMG_4632.jpg

Aussie Reverse Prism Favia
IMG_4630.jpg

And a horrible pic of an incredible coral, PPE Blasto
IMG_4638.jpg

OMG! Your corals are sooooo beautiful and varied!

I can see how you could go nuts 0about collecting and caring for these little jewels!

Thanks so much for posting the photos!

groovy.
glad things are on their way back.
are there things you can do to keep this from happening again or does sh*t just happen sometimes?

Another update, since last week I added a baby clownfish and a yellow tail damsel to add a little movement to the tank.

I keep messing with the white balance and other settings...but have yet to get an accurate picture color-wise.

IMG_4723.jpg

The Clownfish, an A. occellaris as far as I know
IMG_4700.jpg

Yellow Tail Damselfish
IMG_4701.jpg

Australian Prism Favias
IMG_4705.jpg

War Coral, Favites pentagona
IMG_4710.jpg

Im impressed man. That is a lot of work! Thanks for sharing your other 'green thumb' or is it 'wet thumb' talents. Awesome and very cool to look at.

Latest posts

Back