The sound of silence- a contest for lurkers!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I have so far! I know most of them aren't slippers, but hey! I'll have a magnificent collection of slippers like the rest of you soon! :D
orchidcollage.jpg

-Lisa

Nice collage Lisa. I see you have an phal. ever spring prince. :) I love the texture on the flowers and they last soooooooo long. I bought an ever spring prince from the last show at rockafeller in bloom and the blooms lasted 4 months. I'm pretty sure they were opened for a while too before they actually came to the show. I wouldn't be surprised if they last long next blooming. :) Thats also a great green paph. Where's Peter. I'm sure it'll be the first to catch his eye. :poke:

Hi, I am a newer member that reads most of the posts. I live in Western PA and have approximately 200 orchids, one quarter are paphs. These are two that are in bloom now, Paph Fairy Lace and Paph Lyro Blackhawk....Carol

Attachments

• pfairylace5.jpg
    pfairylace5.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 32
  • plyrob1.jpg
    plyrob1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 34
Hi, I'm Tiffany. I don't grow orchids, but my husband (ScottMcC) does, and I like all the pretty flowers. I also like giving them fun nicknames. This one is one of my favorites--I call it "Magenta-y."

lc_kim_8-3_4.jpg

Hi Tiffany, Nice Catt.

Scott sure does want them gift certificates ehh? :poke: You need to check out the "sexy pink phrags" thread :p I might give you your jump start on want to grow as well.

We have had a couple of new members join since the contest started. Make sure you post here if you joined the forum after Sep. 1st!

Hello, almost new.

Hi. I am enjoying posting so I dont think I qualify as a 'lurker'. My favorite slippers in my collection so far are Paph. Iona, Phrag. Atsuko Fischer, and Phrag Hanne Popow. As soon as the wonderfull people at motorola let me know how to load the software to download pictures from my cell phone [without arousing the System Administrator God] I will post some. E.

Yeah, mine was in bud when it arrived from Orchids Ltd. So far 3 of the 4 plants I bought from them have spiked. Atsuko Fischer, Flav. St. Ouen, and Beverly Fischer. The Ryoko Urabe is prev. bloomed and a little small yet on the second growth but fingers are crossed. They must have a great fertilizer system. I am going to increase my fertilizing but it is hard because I use R.O. water in the growing trays and have to put the plants into fertilizing trays for a few days so as not to salt up my growing trays. I hope all the effort pays off. E.

I see that lots of people are over the 5 post mark in this thread so I will say hi. I have posted from time to time, but at this point have little to add to the technical and knowlegable discussions which go on around here. Much of the time I don't even know what you're talking about, so I keep my mouth shut and just try to absorb information.

I grow mainly phals and oncids, but my slipper collection seems to be mushrooming as well: I now have 2 phrags (soon to be 4) and, 11 paphs. Many of them are small and I haven't seen them bloom yet, but one is blooming right now, and two are right on the verge. In total I have about 60 plants.

Hello everybody:
I'm a lurker. I joined a long time ago yet this is my first post.
I've been growing orchids for a few years and have a small collection of species but with relatively few slippers.
Here are 3 orchids that I grow:

Here is Paph spicerianum
Paphspicerianum_20060121_002.jpg

this is my ecuadorense (or pearcii)
Phragecuadorense_20060917_004.jpg

Drac. polyphemos (I think)
dracpolyphemos2-8-05002.jpg

Yes! I am glad you finally broke your silence. I hope it becomes an everyday posting habit. Someone has to rival Heather and her massive post count. : )

The Paphiopedilum and that Draculalook great!

Considering there is alot of variability within the Pleurothallids, I would assume that it is a Dracula polyphemus... the labellum is slightly different, and so is the adnation of the lateral sepals; not being straight as in typical Dracula polyphemus, but curved... but this variability can be expected within this large group... =)

-Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back