The smallest Paph and Phrag?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Magicboy

Does anyone know witch is the Paph and Phrag species with the smallest flower?

I don't believe I've heard of thaianum. Anyone know which subspecies it would fall under?

thaianum is in subgenus Brachypetalum if that's what you mean. It resembles a tiny niveum.

Jon

Someone mentioned on this forum before that this species had been imported along time ago as niveum, in fact, at the time, they thought it was an inferior niveum for the fact it is so small .
I guess the hybridizers always go with the "giant flower fashion" so they don't pay attention to it, if not out right reject something not conform to judging standard.
and the experts could be wrong too in determine species description.

I bought a nevium that a guy told me had been in his family for years. It's just a one growth division and I have had trouble getting it established. However, it has grown a new leaf and the total leaf span is around 2 1/2".
Hmmm...

Craig

Someone mentioned on this forum before that this species had been imported along time ago as niveum, in fact, at the time, they thought it was an inferior niveum for the fact it is so small .
I guess the hybridizers always go with the "giant flower fashion" so they don't pay attention to it, if not out right reject something not conform to judging standard.
and the experts could be wrong too in determine species description.

i have a few niven myself, and they very small sizes niven about 4cm....
but they lack the big nose and the hair on the petal......

Latest posts

Back