The rediscovery of the schlimii albiflorum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
It was found in the Central Cordillera of Colombia during the late 1800s. I think that very-very few plants remain in cultivation in Europe, if any at all. It was only rediscovered very recently by a fisherman. It is the palest form of schlimii, very narrow leaves and quite vigorous.
c85a08ff8a157c045c85d9f24f1c4afe.jpg25a87d0702d38743de678660fe2e28b2.jpg
5af83070ec398837a38ede052f6cf090.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! It would be interesting to see a dissection of the flower.
Sure!
We are making dissections of the flowers of all the known populations of schlimii, anguloi, fischeri and andreettae. It is going to be the core of my WOC talk.
Also it is included in the Braem book. I feel so lucky of having hundreds of "schlimii" flowers to study and dissect :)

Last edited:
Very nice a beauty of a bloom and amazing work ur doing hopefully one day we will have most of the species back where they belong in the wild

Spectacular. I love this flower and have wanted one in my collection since I saw some of the early representative art work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The wild population is quite healthy with several hundreds plants! The only reason why it remained un-rediscoverd is because it is in one area where only fisherman arrive.
Only one plant was taken some years ago and it was growing in the collecion of one of my friends that did not know about the importance of this plant. He divided it and traded this small piece with me.

Latest posts

Back