The Orchid Digest- Vol. 82-4

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Paphiopedilum Issue. Not only does it contain an Annotated Checklist of The Paphiopedilum Species by Harold Koopowitz, but also his concise and thoughtful analysis of what’s wrong with CITES. If you’re not currently subscribing to OD, please do so now. The Paphiopedilum Issue by itself is worth the price of $39 per year.

Last edited:
Hi Tom,

I sure like to have my hands on a copy of that issue. And I very much wish I could have kept my subscription to OD, but last year I was more or less forced to stop my subscription, because international payment to the OD is a serious pain. And I'm not the only one having this problem.

(See earlier thread.)

All the best,

Rob

This issue is an excellent reference as both the species descriptions and the accompanying pictures make identification quite simple. Harold did an exceptional job explaining the subtle differences between the myriad members of the villosum-gratrixianum complex, convincing me to relabel a handful of plants. He is definitely becoming less of a 'lumper' and more of a 'splitter' and I am starting to do the same. Any excuse to buy more plants...

Tom, I completely agree! This issue is amazing! I had no idea so many new species were now described! Very exciting.
All the articles are excellent, and the photos and descriptions of identifying features are very well done. Overall, an outstanding addition to the world of Paphiopedilum.

I just made a 1 year subscription. Can't wait to get my hands on that issue.
Sure hope customs won't grab it, and put extra charges on it.

Back