The old days.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
I started growing orchids maybe 14 years ago. At the time there were a great number of growers, Hoosier, Parkside, A World of Orchids, etc. that I could visit and get interesting plants. I tried to grow anything because I'm in it partially for the challenge. A lot of the old growers have closed for various reasons. During this time of pandemics and economic stress I'm glad that there are still some vendors I can order from. With the loss of orchid/society shows how are we supporting the vendors?

I cannot speak for plant vendors, but my business is booming. I rationalize that folks are stuck at home, so are spending more time messing with their plants.

I think that's what is happening ------ a lot of people may be starting to have extra time, or too much time on their hands ----- so ordering and getting orchids to grow etc. It is a good thing! (until maybe they end up back to normal ------ and then they may have a pile of orchids on their hands).

Latest posts

Back