The offspring of besseae 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

As we just posted pictures of Phrag. besseae 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS; I thought you guys would be interested to see what it can potentially do as a parent; I had posted a lot of these pictures in previous threads, but I thought it would be nice to see them all together.

Here are some of the offspring that got awarded:

Phrag. Don Wimber 'Wimbledon Giant' AM/AOS (Eric Young 'Mount Millais' AM/AOS (4N) x besseae 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS)
DonWImberWG.jpg

Phrag. Windsor Castle (Elizabeth Castle 'Glamis' AM/OS x besseae 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS)
WindsorCastle.jpg

Phrag. Scarlet O'Hara 'Fernbrook' HCC/AOS (Jason Fischer 'Red Warrior' x besseae 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS)
ScarletOhara.jpg

Phrag. April Fool 'Fool's Gold' (cardinale x besseae 'Rob's Choice')
AprilFool.jpg

Phrag. Jimmi Hendrix 'Guitar Player' (April Fool 'Fools Gold' x besseae 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS)
JimiHendrix.jpg

It is intersting to note that in all these instances Rob's Choice was used as the pollen parent. It seems like we barely have luck in using it as a pod parent.

The only time we got a successfull hybrid with using Rob's Choice as a podparent is when we remade Phrag. Barbara LeAnn (= besseae 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS x fischeri):

BarbLAnn.jpg

Enjoy!

Robert

I saw Orchids Limited's Windsor Castle and the Scarlet OHara at the Wisc O. S. show in Milwaukee. They are truely impressive plants. It is unfortunate that these two hybrids are not productive enough to be widely available.
Leo

Heather said:
Chris, can you come and pick me up too please? ;)

I am thankful that I didn't decide to sell my Scarlet or Don Wimber before they bloomed. They're both in spike now. Yay! Cannot wait to see them! :clap:
you sure you don't want to get rid of that Don Wimber before you move :poke: :drool:

Latest posts

Back