The New Prime-agra, my results and warning to all

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neglect, Neglect ....... they thrive on it ....... ok yes I do but only about once every 3-6 months

I use hydroton and it seems to dry out quickly. I haven't had any problems with any of my orchids, but I do tend to be an 'underwaterer'. I do water my phrags more often than other orchids. I have cats, paphs, bulbos, inc, odonts, milts, etc....all are doing well and I can see plenty of roots.

I have about 500 plants (paphs, phrags, phals, cats, and others) under HID lights in PrimeAgra and plastic, side drained pots. Feed with MSU fertilizer every watering 125ppm (with a hose, greenhouse style, about twice a week). Fifty or so are in the new PA and are watered on the same schedule. Have not seen any problems, only great growth.

Ken Brewer

Inverness - by your comment I take it you do not use PA in a true "semi-hydro" fashiion? How are your results since you went to straight PA? Also 125 ppm meaning 125 ppm N? Correct? Thanks for the info...

Tony

Tony, I'm using the pots from First Rays & Grow In Hydro. By greenhouse style I mean I water with a hose and there are floor drains; everything is watered at the same time every time. And yes, I'm referring to 125 ppm of N. I've been growing orchids for over 40 years and for me, the PrimeAgra/SemiHydro format works better than anything I've ever tried. Priror to this I used coconut husk. Worked better than bark, but PA/SH is the best for me so far.

Ken Brewer

he posted a rather nasty response to my orchidboard post, but nothing constructive. He's lost my business for good.

Back