The King of besseae. 'Rob's Choice'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Pictures of Phrag. besseae 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS

I thought I would post some more pictures; including some with the dimensions.

Here they are:

RobsChoice2.jpg

RobsChoice1.jpg

The natural spread is about 9.7 cm:

RobsChoice3.jpg

The width of the petals is about 3.1 cm:

RobsChoice5.jpg

I looked it up, but when 'Rob's Choice' was awarded back in 2002 it had a natural spread of 8.7 cm and 2.9 cm wide petals. Back then it got an AM with 87 points.

Enjoy!!

Robert

Jason Fischer said:
For the first time in 14 years (of trying), we have selfings of 'Rob's Choice'. The first few should bloom in 2007. We are going to flower them first to determine the quality and pricing. Quite exciting!
Excellent! Please keep us informed...

Jason Fischer said:
Nope, it won't go in for judging. The only way I will have it judged is if there's a local show here in MN. It's just too valueable a plant to travel with. Plus Cathy is a smoker and there's NO WAY I'm letting that besseae go into a smokey car.

:) Like a chimney. :)

-Ernie

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed! What A Great Clone.
I Agree With You Mr Fisher. This Is Probably The Best Clone Ever For Color, Form And Flower Presentation...
This Is What We Can Achieve When We Do The Right Selection And F3, F4 Population From Experts And Growers Selecting The Best.
I Dream Of Doing The Same With The Best Pk...
Have You All A Great Weekend

isaias m rolando said:
Indeed! What A Great Clone.
I Agree With You Mr Fisher. This Is Probably The Best Clone Ever For Color, Form And Flower Presentation...
This Is What We Can Achieve When We Do The Right Selection And F3, F4 Population From Experts And Growers Selecting The Best.
I Dream Of Doing The Same With The Best Pk...
Have You All A Great Weekend
The question is could you achieve that with only 15 clones (5 from each permit holder) I wonder whether it will be easier if you are allowed by the government to collect pollen from good plants (the plants will stay in situ, not harvested) that are in the wild to increase your odd?

Yes sir, indeed...
We are trying to convince CITES officers to obtain that permit. I totally agree with you. This work should be performed "in situ", after seeing many plants in bloom and not taking but the seed pods only. I pray this could happen in the future. If not we have to wait many years for 5 plants breeding only the best F1, F2, and so.
Remember all yellow besseae came from just one peruvian P. besseae flava...

Latest posts

Back