The Houston 2009 Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Here is the display I put in for the show. Lots of slippers in the show this year. As a fact more slippers the Phals! (before judging was done)

P1010368.jpg
The judges pulled 3 plants for flower quality awards from my display, Jay's bellatulum(far left), my Black Diamond(far right) and the alba Maudiae hybrid(right). The Maudiae hybrid got an 82 AM. This is the one I ask for help with the parents awhile back. Not only do I have to pay for the award but 3 plant registrations need to be paid for too! It's current name is [(Makuli X Dragon Flag) X (Key Lime X Enchanted Child)] and of course the clonal name is 'Melinda' after the wife (and NO, she is not having it tatooed on either!)

....... The judges pulled 3 plants for flower quality awards from my display, Jay's bellatulum(far left), my Black Diamond(far right) and the alba Maudiae hybrid(right). The Maudiae hybrid got an 82 AM. .....

Great display Rick, and congratulations for the award!!!!

I have never been close to these judging proceedings !!! For you, tuning the 'material' for the display, this meant a lot of preparation!! What are your feelings today? some joy or some frustration?
Jean

I must add to the story that Norito, Paphinatics Inc. Has agreed to pay for and register all the names! The final name (the name of my plant) will be named in honor of my late father-in-law.

Jean,
The theme was "Orchids, Texas Style" that's why the cow skulls, spiders and the "sand" look. Jean I was tired after putting the display together on Wed, went to bed early. The next day I was at the show for an hour to take pics then went home to mow the yard. I got a call on my cell phone while mowing the yard. It was a judge wanting to know "what clonal name I wanted on the plant". I was excited after that.

Last edited:
With all of the congrats, I feel a bit guilty posting this update. The overall display received this chunk of glass:
P1010529.jpg

And the Plant's final name will be named in memory of Melinda's father, Paph Mem. Kenneth Morphew.
P1010526.jpg

P1010528.jpg

P1010527.jpg

:clap: Ahhh come on - you love the limelight! Bask in it! Well done! Icing on the cake as they say! :clap:

Back