The growth of my Paph. ceramense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mutant

Reaction score
Or Paph. bullenianum var. celebenense/ceramensis... Gee, it's a jungle with the names on some of these guys.

I've had it for three weeks now, and still no sign of bud blast. Woot! The new growth has become slightly larger, I think I might spot the tip of the first leaf starting to emerge, and the root tip which I can see is growing, has become longer too. All in all, it seems to do well I would say.

Here are some pictures of it from when I first got it, until today. I think I'll update this thread once a week (please bear with me, it IS my first Paph after all) till it blooms (which it hopefully will, or at least until I accidentally break the spike off).

66405d1333099582-weeeee-its-here-paphc10.jpg

66541d1333356003-weeeee-its-here-paphc11.jpg

66607d1333540705-weeeee-its-here-paphc12.jpg

66780d1333881485-two-paph-questions-paphc16.jpg

67068d1334497511-two-paph-questions-paphc18.jpg

I think it received the damage on the spike during the shipping, it has had it since I got it, but it has started becoming more and more pronounced as it grows.
67069d1334497511-two-paph-questions-paphc19.jpg

Oh I see, thanks. Is it something to worry about or should I just keep going as I have?

*sniffles*

I just realized that this Paph newbie has probably killed off two new root growths! :sob:

I checked my Paph just now, and decided to take a peek under the sphagnum I've as a top layer, and spotted two fuzzy knobs with very dry tips... I haven't even considered to try and keep the surface of the medium moist since I figured the Paph would get its new roots lower down on the stems. Boy, was I wrong. Now I know I've committed newbie mistake number one; I've planted my Paph too high. I've added some more substrate and will try to keep the surface moist from now on so as not to repeat the mistake.

Latest posts

Back