The first AQ award in Taiwan

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

weiyiatosu

The first AQ in Taiwan was awarded to a Paph. spicerianum cross on Oct. 27, 2009. To my knowledge, it is also the first AQ given to Paph. spicerianum. Enjoy!!

DSCN6597.jpg

Wow - that's spectacular. The dorsal typically reflexes so much on spicerianum. Thanks for posting the picture.

e-spice

I miss the typical spicerianum parasol dorsal, but those are a nice group of fat wide flowers.

Sometimes I wonder if the spicerianums that have exceptionally flat dorsals don't have some small amount of another species that flatten out the dorsal that are so dramatically different that the common spicerianum.

I like the look of the flat dorsal but have always wondered.

e-spice

Very impessive group of 'spice' !! I like particularely the greenisch one in the very first line. :drool:

Best regards from germany, rudolf

Nice flowers, do you know the parents? To selectively breed a species like this to produce flatter dorsals is a fine accomplishment.

They actually look a lot like Paph Bruno.

Very impessive group of 'spice' !! I like particularely the greenisch one in the very first line. :drool:

Best regards from germany, rudolf

That's the one they grabbed my attention too! :D :clap:
Gorgeous group of a wonderful species!:drool:

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Paphiopedilum Bruno hybrids selfings and crossings, the flowers are typical, so is the variation in color and shape, everyone should know that.

Who are the stupid judges that gave an AQ to that crap ???

Back