the final - glauco. x Formosa Lady

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

The first flower has lasted so all 3 are open at the same time! I really like this hybrid, I'm so glad I got it from Ernie when he had his summer sale! Now I need is to learn how to remove the reflection from these shiners!
012-1.jpg

Thanks all!
WOW! You got all the good parts of these two parents Rose! Con grats!
Thanks Rick, isn't that the truth! In my mind, this is what I pictured when I read Ernie's listing, I KNOW that's why I like it so much! Remember, this is a first time blooming, give it a couple of years!

Nice one Rose.

Normally I think sequentials are a complete waste of time in hybridising, but that one is not too bad.

David

Very nice. Super long petals but much nicer than the straight sanderianum-hybrids!
Well done, Rose.

Cheers, Carsten

Nice one Rose.

Normally I think sequentials are a complete waste of time in hybridising, but that one is not too bad.

David
David,
You must be a "big bang" guy. You want it all at once and then it's over. Some of us like it dribbled out over time, say months! To each his (or her) own.

David,
You must be a "big bang" guy. You want it all at once and then it's over. Some of us like it dribbled out over time, say months! To each his (or her) own.

I'd agree with that. It does make for better photos. All the sequentials do to me is greatly reduce the size of the flower and generally add an unflattering shape. Other than add ease of growth and flowering I just don't see there point. Each to there own I guess.

I do have a couple of sequential species so I get my dribbling fix through them. They are amazing in how long the flowering lasts.

David

PS - After all that I do like Rose's hybrid though.

WOW!!! That looks great Rose, I had the same problem with photographing Dollcevita, it can be cleaned up with a few tricks. Jim.

Latest posts

Back