The end is coming! Enjoy it!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
I take this occasion to wish you all a great end of the world, friday, and a happy Christmas and new year 2013 after that. :clap::clap::clap:

Michel

Haha, some news stations are playing along and showing comets fall and 2,000F temps for Friday.

Have you ever have seen the shows about the Mayan calendar? It says at the end of them that sciencetist don't know if they're actually reading it right. The world could have already ended!

I suppose every radio station worth its salt is playing R.E.M.'s "It's The End Of The World" several times a day, once every hour.

It is interesting, the shear desperation a significant proportion of the populace has for the end of the world. But here is some good news: http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-week/leading-article/8789981/glad-tidings/ This was the best year EVER! On average. Personally, it wasn't all that wonderful but I'm optimistic for the new year.

This whole ridiculous end-of-the-world-on-Dec-21-2012 thing was started by a couple of hippies high on mushrooms. How gullible and stupid can people be?

First of all the Maya never said the world was going to end. It is merely the end of their long count calendar which measures our equivalent of an epoch. Presumably had their civilization not crumbled their stone carvers would have been busy making a new one. OK anthropologist will climb down from her soapbox before she gets a nosebleed!

First of all the Maya never said the world was going to end. It is merely the end of their long count calendar which measures our equivalent of an epoch. Presumably had their civilization not crumbled their stone carvers would have been busy making a new one. OK anthropologist will climb down from her soapbox before she gets a nosebleed!
My inside scoop (there's a handful of Mayan shamans still around for comment) is end of the 5th "Sun" (5000 year cycle) and beginning of the 6th Sun.

So have your list of what you want to give up (or get rid of) on the night of the 21st, and be up with the sunrise on the 22 to greet the next big epoch.

actually the solar system will be crossing the plane of our galaxy on that date, so doomsday people say that at that exact instant everything will go kablooey because of galactic this and that... notwithstanding that as we got closer and closer to the big flat plane things would gradually be going kablooey and peak at that time, if that were an accurate premise.... sort of like all the planets lining up and causing weird tides

I told a co-worker that the government grant ran out for calendar-making and that was that (maybe he broke his or her chisel and couldn't afford a new one)

happy hanukkah, merry christmas, happy new year, and anything else that is a good well-wishing thing at this time of year (happy pre-tax preparation time :D )

My calendar ends on December 31st of each year. Then I go out and get another one. :wink: And any fan of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will be spending it at Milliway's.

:clap: and :rollhappy:

Actually, our calculations of where the Mayan calendar should end were off....it actually ended a few months or so ago. So, if this is how existence is after the end of the world, can't say I have that many complaints....

Actually, our calculations of where the Mayan calendar should end were off....it actually ended a few months or so ago. So, if this is how existence is after the end of the world, can't say I have that many complaints....

I don't see any difference myself... between the old and the new world except for more humans

nope; things going kablooey and things just being generally stinky aren't really equal imho

you'll know general kablooey when you'll see it, because it won't look like anything else you've seen before

What percentage of people have to be affected to reach the level of kablooey?
For sure there are some groups of people that are seeing kablooey as opposed to stinky. ;)

I'm thinking the Mayans tried to Id the point where stinky started to trend into the kablooey. There must be a revised calendar that timelined the kablooey period? (even the great flood lasted more than a calendar month)

Back