The Dust Pumper and Noisy Cricket

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool airliner/sun shot! :drool: Way cool!

Sorry, I'm keeping my Orvis rod. Might need to fish after the Apocolypse! :D

That will be when... December 21st, 2012? :confused:
Sigh. I suppose now I must go ahead and make plans for that date involving a cabin in the woods, an Evil Eye Charm, a rifle and a shotgun, countless rounds of ammunition, Holy Water, a compass, Blanky, dental floss, matches, a boatload of toilet paper, cases of Tums, an inflatable raft, insulated Holy underwear, enough soap to last two lifetimes, six self-generating flashlights, three hundred fifths of Tito's Handmade Vodka, black peppercorns, duct tape, immodium, aspirin, some capers and some coffee beans, toenail clippers, a can of mace, a gold Star of David, some insect repellant and my battery operated electric gridded fly swatter, a semi truck full of batteries, hermetically sealed grain sacks filled with barley, a piano, four hundred or more unread but interesting books, bundles of garlic bulbs, a silver cross, two thousand or more candles, dried lemon peel, powdered lemon juice, a closet full of jeans and sweaters, tea bags, a waterwell equipped with a hand pump, countless cans of sweetened condensed milk, dried egg product and a picture of my mum.

Northward Ho!

Oh wait, I almost forgot the 2 tons of salt, 1 ton of sugar and half ton of Splenda.

And Q-tips.
:wink:

I wonder who was on that plane...​

So Lanmark, you're going only with the minimum requirements? Wouldn't you also need a few dozen jars of olives and a case of vermouth?

May 21st 2011 could be a great day to take up some serious sinning starting quite early in the morning, Susan. :evil:

I'll take the olives to nosh on as I watch the spectacle unfold, nikv, but I'll pass up on that nasty vermouth. :p Vodka, salty snacks and sunglasses will suffice. A lemon to suck on might be nice, too, halfway through the day. Nothing refreshes the muscles of an uncontrollable grin like a transient puckerface can do. I'll slip some Klonopin into the PETA leadership's mid-morning organic tea break, Clark, then herd the lot of them, glassy-eyed, onto a jetliner they can use to fly Mother Nature's silver seed to its new home in the sun. Ines can take a one day break from her serious journalistic duties, Eric, and put her considerable skills to use grilling steaks for the Judgement Day no one will ever be able to forget. The boys from Los Angeles Galaxy will sizzle like shrimp on the barbie as Evangeline Lily finally finds herself and Lindsay Lohan stops telling lies for just one day. Hell will begin to freeze over as heaven erupts in multicolored flames of unholy glory. Oh. what a beautiful sight it will be to behold! I can hear the people singing now, "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the..."

I hope Clark gets some fantastic shots of all the action which will take place that day and finds the time to post the photos here on the day after it all goes down. Posterity will be interested and impressed, no doubt. ;)

Last edited:
That is an airliner, the spot below in in every shot, same place.
If you use zoom at 150%, you can tell which end is the tail.

Clark! Do you mean on every shot or every shot of the sun ? :confused: If the answer is the latter, it could be a sunspot.

Yeah I noticed that sunspot, too, and wondered if that's what it really was. Cool capture! That just makes your photograph even better! :clap:

Not often seen on the forum.
Some Harlequin Ducks we viewed in Yellowstone NP years ago.
There are about 50 in the park.
Used the noisy cricket here.

Recently at Barnegat Lighthouse State Park, NJ.
This guy is a chick magnet. His doo is perfect.
Dustpumper wide open.

:D

Okay, this is the best picture on this forum yet. You can almost feel the feathers. Awestruck.

Latest posts

Back