The Calopogons have begun

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hrmm, really? I have seen many, in the wild and in captivity, and I find this range of color pretty typical. I wish I could tell you which came from where, but I unpot them all and toss 'em in a bag each winter to save space, since I don't think any are awardable. As for sources, no different from anyone else's. There are 5-lots of them on ebay right now from the carnivorous plant nursery whose name currently escapes me. Robert's Flower Supply has them, too.

Culture: not fussy about medium. Your water must be very clean and you must water every day. Allow the foliage to yellow before you start chilling them in the fridge. Longer dormancy = more flowers. If last year's tuber was bigger than this year's, you're doing something wrong lol.

Many years ago we had Carson Whitlow speak at our orchid society. He developed a method to double your Calopogon plants esp useful if you have a nice clone. You need to cut the corms in half at a strategic spot and super glue the corm back together. Here's the instructions on how to do it. Slippertalk won't let me post the link. Google: Clonal Propagation of Calopogon

Cathy

Many years ago we had Carson Whitlow speak at our orchid society. He developed a method to double your Calopogon plants esp useful if you have a nice clone. You need to cut the corms in half at a strategic spot and super glue the corm back together. Here's the instructions on how to do it. Slippertalk won't let me post the link. Google: Clonal Propagation of Calopogon

Cathy
I do that all the time. You don't need to glue them back together, just super glue completely over the cut. That being said, I've never had the tuberoids to do it to the clones I really like lol.

Latest posts

Back