Thanks, and New Compots!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

First, let me thank all of you who ordered from us during this transition from Hausermann's to our own Naperville greenhouse. Your support is much appreciated. Second, for those interested in compots, I just listed the following items on the website:

1) Paph. charlesworthii fma album ('New Wave' AM/AOS x 'First Class' AM/AOS)

2) Paph. emersonii ('#2' x 'Pink Fox')- See photo

3) Paph. Wossner Perle (micranthum 'Liisa' AM/AOS x niveum 'Select')

Add'l info regarding each listing can be found at www.foxvalleyorchids.com under "Online Catalog". Photos of the actual compots are included in the descriptions

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello Tom,
Every other year in february/march our orchid society has a compotting clinic, or actually a 'potting up of orchid seedlings from compots'. Two years ago paphreek supplied many seedlings but doesn't think that he will have any available for next february/march. Do you think you would have some available to come out of compot around that time next winter? If they happened to be a bit large or advanced that would be better than just out of flask, of course since most members aren't adept deflaskers (brand new seedlings from flask)

thanks and regards,
charles

Hi Charles,

Probably, but I won't be sure until later this year. In general, potting up seedlings from compots is normally a two step process for us. The first step is to create four or five - five plant compots from each twenty-five plant mother compot; grow them on for six to nine months - then pot them into individual rose pots. Three months later, the faster growing of the group should be saleable size. I think the intermediate step is critical for optimal seedling growth.

Thanks,

Tom, when you are talking about moving one big compot into 4 or 5 compots of 5 seedling each, what size pot are you putting them in? Are they going into a 2 inch rose pot or a larger pot, or are you still having them in shallow pots? Thanks ahead of time for the informatin. I'm always willing to learn as I'm sure are many of our members.

That's about the extent of our Parvi compots, except for one remaining Paph. Kathleen Harvey (Conco-bellatulum x emersonii) which was not listed on the website..... The next offering in Sept. will be primarily Paph. species, but it's possible we may have a few more Parvis.

Latest posts

Back