Tetraploid phrag seedlings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If these are what they say they are, then they should be amazing. This is a sibling cross between two fantastic tetraploid clones of the hybrid ‘lovely Lynne’ (Lovely Lynne is Fritz Schomburg x Peruflora’s cirila alca).
After washing off most of the agar, I potted the compot of 25 seedlings into a seedling bark mix topped with sphagnum in one block as there were so many roots.
I will separate them in September when the plants are a bit bigger And have some proper roots.
They have probably been out of the compot about two months now and are starting to grow nicely. Nothing dead yet.
My first attempt at a compot ended in disaster and 100% death so I’m really pleased with these.
B1051A9D-B739-4C58-A0E0-B7424EC247F0.jpeg
David

General question for those in Europe. There is a rumor going around the states that there is a sphagnum moss shortage and it’s been impossible to source in Europe.. is that just a rumor or is there any truth to this?

Should be a fantastic cross... Are these from Mike Tibbs? The pictures he has posted on FB of P. Lovely Lynn are really great.

JL

General question for those in Europe. There is a rumor going around the states that there is a sphagnum moss shortage and it’s been impossible to source in Europe.. is that just a rumor or is there any truth to this?
I just bought some from Amazon in the Netherlands, but it's packaged in China and while allegedly NZ moss, we'll see what actually arrives. As it's dried, it could be old stock though.

Latest posts

Back