tell me something about my roth.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Errr? David, which part of eveything do you not agree with?
That Paul Phillips knows quite a lot about the MM clone and the roths arround at the time?
That a number of species which have been line bred are very different from the wild species?
That there are a number of unawarded clones of plants in collections that have not been put forward for award, but if they were, they would be given awards
That #106 is a superior clone
That good parents do not nessesarily guarantee a superior seedling
or that non of the above are true?:confused:
I never suggested to buy blind, I merely pointed out that just because a clone is unknown to you, does not mean that it is bad, and that offspring are pretty much 'lucky dip' at the best of times, as Rick points out, the only real way to be reasonably certain of getting a good clone is to buy a lot of them (and yes I agree with you, preferably from good breeding lines, as that will give you a better chance of that great clone)

PS #106 is a great clone in hangianum, you will find you have to pay significantly more for its seedlings than most others from awarded parents, and guess what .... it is not awarded.

Errr? David, which part of eveything do you not agree with?

I just don't know anymore. I might just bail out now. :D

My comments were more directed at Anna who seem to think her original question was in her words 'irrelevant'. I don't want to discourage people from posting, especially beginners. I thought it was a good question because that is not the easiest of labels to interpret.

Anna - here is a photo of Mont Millais for your interest. If yours turns out nice and dark like that you will be very lucky.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20672

Anna, I have a roth that I bought from l'Amazone in Belgium Years ago (still waiting for the first bloom), that is 'Chen' x 'H + H' (??): so at least some relative of your plant :)! Jean

I just don't know anymore. I might just bail out now. :D

My comments were more directed at Anna who seem to think her original question was in her words 'irrelevant'. I don't want to discourage people from posting, especially beginners. I thought it was a good question because that is not the easiest of labels to interpret.

Anna - here is a photo of Mont Millais for your interest. If yours turns out nice and dark like that you will be very lucky.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20672

You are quite correct, people need to be encouraged to post questions as there is a huge wealth of infomation on this forum, with a lot of very experienced growers who give advice freely and honestly. (a little sparring just adds a touch of friendly spice, and a lot of info which normally would not have surfaced :))

thanks to all those who have spoken,thorough and complete explanation,now i know something more about roth mont millais .
again thanks,anna

Latest posts

Back