Teacup philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish all the multis had a "tiny version".

Thanks for sharing. It´s an interesting plant :)

It seems like there is a pygmea version of a multifloral that pops up every now and then.

So far I have seen lowii, roth, philippinense.

:clap::clap::clap:
I really love the P. philipinenses but don't have one because they are to big for my overfilled windowsills. But a dwarf form ...

A novelty perhaps, but it seems that anyone of us with dwindling space for more orchids are just tickled pink to see relatively large flowers on small sized plants.
I'm truly impressed.
I'm new to this forum so other then aesthetics?, why is the pinching bad? Does this kind of flower formation get fewer points at shows?
Thanks in advance for your input.

A novelty perhaps, but it seems that anyone of us with dwindling space for more orchids are just tickled pink to see relatively large flowers on small sized plants.
I'm truly impressed.
I'm new to this forum so other then aesthetics?, why is the pinching bad? Does this kind of flower formation get fewer points at shows?
Generally speaking, Paph. growers and judges want flat dorsal sepals, so pinching is considered to be undesirable.

Thanks!

I'm truly impressed.

Slipperfan explained it well. it is its first blooming so we will see the next one but i have doubts that it will dissappear.

Latest posts

Back