Tardas and Hellabore

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Don I

Crown Rot
Reaction score
picture hosting
I think these are actually hybrids that are very tarda like. They spread like wildfire.
picture hosting
Cactus waking up.
picture hosting
picture hosting
These are the two I bought on Apr. 13th. They are kind of the colour of stomach contents, but I like them.
picture hosting
The blood root is all but finished here and where I walk the dog.It seems early but I guess it isn't.
Don

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Beautiful! Those do look like the real tarda. I look forward to the day when mine are that large a patch. The Optunia is awesome too... do you get flowers? We had them in our last house (planted in a last ditch effort to stop our neighbour from letting her unruly children decimate our front garden...it worked :evil: ) They had lovely yellow flowers around June each year. Nice healthy Hellebores too!

PS....our large clump of purple Hellebore has a few offshoots. If you'd like some feel free to come get a clump.

Don I

Crown Rot
Reaction score
Beautiful! Those do look like the real tarda. I look forward to the day when mine are that large a patch. The Optunia is awesome too... do you get flowers? We had them in our last house (planted in a last ditch effort to stop our neighbour from letting her unruly children decimate our front garden...it worked :evil: ) They had lovely yellow flowers around June each year. Nice healthy Hellebores too!

PS....our large clump of purple Hellebore has a few offshoots. If you'd like some feel free to come get a clump.
The bigger cactus gets yellow flowers with a very nice red centre and the other 2 have yellow flowers with a washed out red centre.
I have some of the older Hellabores creamy green and purplely ones, but thanks though.
I could be wrong about the tulips. I thought they were tarda then I seem to remember finding out they weren't exactly. It's anybodies guess.
Don

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
The tulip patch is gorgeous. I've been perennial tulip shopping
online and found one I love that's lavender with a yellow
center. I have no comparison for price, but around $40.00
USD seems a decent price for 100 bulbs. What do you
think?

Bjorn

Reaction score
Just realized that I am in the wrong thread, (sorry for that). Nice tulips btw. I have something similar right now:D

Last edited:

Don I

Crown Rot
Reaction score
Look at those Corydalis!! I simply adore them!!
They cover almost every patch of open ground and then they disappear.They were an accident. At first I was freaking out because they were every where, but they provide lots of early food for bees and flies.Now I see them in a different light.
Don

Latest posts