Tara #3 x kovachii 'Jewel'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteM

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not had time to look this up yet. Purchased from the late HP Norton in 2012 @ the paph forum. This is actually a first bloom seedling for me.. There was a series of setbacks including basal rot. Thanks to this forum, dragons blood cleared that right up. I repotted in 2020 and seems to be happy now and thriving. A Christmas miracle. I plan to snap better pictures tomorrow when it opens up more and I have natural light.

Merry Christmas!🎄🎁

I’ve added a few more pictures of the flower a bit more open and in natural light. I still prefer the hot pink under the grow lights.

Phrag. Tara (Phragmipedium Don Wimber × Phragmipedium Mem. Dick Clements) was registered by H.P. Norton in 2002. The cross back to kovachii does not seem to be registered.

836DCA8D-6232-42CB-9AD0-DF5640ADC1A7.jpeg046DD187-9EC7-4A99-94BC-1B66EBC936E3.jpeg8C31A6A0-6C5A-4EAB-9168-89890DA2C3F9.jpegCFE9CC21-1503-43E0-B5D4-936E49FC3670.jpeg3193A9F6-20C5-4268-AE41-ABA8669B9BF6.jpeg913CBACB-BB99-4682-8561-913E3655AD3F.jpeg

Last edited:
I have not had time to look this up yet. Purchased from the late HP Norton in 2012 @ the paph forum. This is actually a first bloom seedling for me.. There was a series of setbacks including basal rot. Thanks to this forum, dragons blood cleared that right up. I repotted in 2020 and seems to be happy now and thriving. A Christmas miracle. I plan to snap better pictures tomorrow when it opens up more and I have natural light.

Merry Christmas!🎄🎁

View attachment 31335
Gorgeous! I have never heard of it???

Gorgeous! I have never heard of it???

H.P. had this for sale at the NCOS paph forum back in 2012. I had no clue what Tara was at the time, but I was hot for all kovachii hybrids. He only had one with him for sale and it was priced in the same upper range as a kovachii species. I took a deep breath and put it in my box. 😀

H.P. had this for sale at the NCOS paph forum back in 2012. I had no clue what Tara was at the time, but I was hot for all kovachii hybrids. He only had one with him for sale and it was priced in the same upper range as a kovachii species. I took a deep breath and put it in my box. 😀
Smart man. That is how you get FCCs!

Yay besseae hybrids! Thanks for sharing. I knew that was going to be a good one. I miss HP and Mrs. Norton, and Carol too. When I'm allowed to drive thru SC I should call and visit.

Yay besseae hybrids! Thanks for sharing. I knew that was going to be a good one. I miss HP and Mrs. Norton, and Carol too. When I'm allowed to drive thru SC I should call and visit.

Yes, I sent Carol and Tony an email with the pictures. She was very happy to see the bloom and mentioned they did not get many of these to germinate. Such a nice family, I’m sure it warms the heart to see something your father created and others still very much appreciate.

Latest posts

Back