Tamiami Orchid Festival

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not realize the show is indoor. why indoor in Florida!
Those catts' prices will put me in sticker shock .
Anyway those hangianum look quite large, are they as big as your Mammoth ?
still I think their shapes are much below your hangianum's shape .
are the hangs' tags I see in the photo: 150 (or 250 ?) , 200 (or 700?)
The largest hangianum was 18 cm, about 3 cm larger than Mammoth. But shape was not round. Price was $350. I did not buy lol.

The Tamiami show in January was originally indoors, so venue stayed same.

The largest hangianum was 18 cm, about 3 cm larger than Mammoth. But shape was not round. Price was $350. I did not buy lol.

The Tamiami show in January was originally indoors, so venue stayed same.
Leslie,
-Who was the seller of these hangianum (I count at least 5 or 7 of them lining up), is it a Taiwanese seller? or do they come from Hawaii ?
I wonder if they were all bought by the end of the show?
-I spot a few with the 150.00 , 200.00 price tags when I enlarge the photos.
-I am surprise you did not get the 18 cm to breed with Mammoth , you may end up with a few larger yet still round .

Leslie,
-Who was the seller of these hangianum (I count at least 5 or 7 of them lining up), is it a Taiwanese seller? or do they come from Hawaii ?
-I am surprise you did not get the 18 cm to breed with Mammoth , you may end up with a few larger yet still round .
If I’m not mistaken, they were at Springwater’s booth, but I believe they are from Fajen’s Orchids plants since he was at the booth as well

Leslie,
They were indeed sold by Springwater, and some grown by Bill Fajen.

Yes some were 100-200 range.

I didn’t buy it because the shape was too open and the leaves were huge. It defeats my purpose to produce round flowers with compact foliage.

Leslie- Cattleya you bought is very pretty! good purchase. You did not buy hangianum, right? Yours is much better than any of those in the photos. All meh~ Happy Birthday!!

Leslie, thanks for the pics which I didn'te see not before today. Very impressive show.
Belated happy birthday also from my side and congrats to your lovely acquisition.
What I'm wondering is.....did Alexej come to the show just as a visitor or as a seller ?

Leslie, thanks for the pics which I didn'te see not before today. Very impressive show.
Belated happy birthday also from my side and congrats to your lovely acquisition.
What I'm wondering is.....did Alexej come to the show just as a visitor or as a seller ?
Alexej came to visit show and delivered some plants to me (the rare javanicum albums!). What great birthday wish, a dream come true!

Latest posts

Back