Tamiami Orchid Festival

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was throwing the idea around about attending the Tamiami Festival in May this year and was wondering if you purchase plants and/or flasks are you able to fly them back on a commercial airline?? Checked luggage? Carry on?

Of course things always change. But Jan 2020 was my last example of having done both…. Checked and carryon

I will also be going. I love the international variety of vendors. But as I live locally I have no experience with flying my treasures home.

at the last time I attended Redland in 2019, UPS had a booth where you could sign in your plants and they would pack and ship. All plants arrived in excellent condition. So don’t know about Tamiami

Sad that I doesnt live in the States, you have so many great exhibitions and festivals with so many fantastisk Orchids, and so many nice warm Places to grow the slipper Orchids without having to use heat systems, don't tale me wrong, Denmark is a nice place to live in and my birth nation, but regarding Orchid growing, the artificial heat and light needed is expensive so Orchid growing can be a struggle and the people having this hobby is not many, although there is some, but I Envy your beautyful Orchids and environmental Places, in this regards you have awesome conditions 😇

For anyone that might be attending Tamiami…I contacted a representative for the event, he said they have tried to get UPS and/or FedEx to have a booth at the event and as of now neither one will ne attending.

Latest posts

Back